Job Title: Security Support B (Security Systems Technician)
Job Code: IMS20232505-101250
Job Location: Waco, TX 76705
Schedule: 9/80 Regular
L3Harris is actively seeking for a Security Support B (Security Systems Technician) that will assist our current Technical Security Officer to support programs on the facility as well as the facility itself.We have a competitive benefits that start on day one of hire.
If selected the individual will be working with our prime TSO at the L3Harris facility located in Waco, Texas 76705 that will maintain the facility UL Certificate of Compliance, Cameras, IDS, and Access Controls. Although, not required to start, this position requires US Citizenship in order for you to obtain a TS/SCI Secret Clearance.
- Run wire for security alarms (IDS), access control, and cameras.
- Mount/Install Equipment for IDS, access control, and cameras.
- Entry level Installation Technician willing to train on all systems. ( IDS, access control, and cameras)
- Willing to travel if needed
- Work Late on occasion at a moments notice
Listed below is a detailed list of Technical Security responsibilities for alarms, access control, and video.
NEW ALARM INSTALLATION
- Alarm System Operator
- Central Command Center
- Program Areas
NEW ACCESS CONTROL INSTALLATION
- C-Cure 9000 Operator
- New card reader / I-Star controller installation
- System programming and set up
NEW VIDEO INSTALLATION
- Analog Camera installation and interface with following equipment
- IP Camera installation
- System programming, set up, and testing
- System troubleshooting
- Camera layout
- Alarm System
- Card Access
- Requires fully proficient job knowledge/skills.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
- You have the ability to obtain a Top-Secret/SCI clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Must understandComputer auditing and network intrusion detection software (NIDS)
- Minimum education and years of experience requirements are not to be used exclusive of other leveling factors. Substitution of additional relevant education and experience for stated qualifications may be considered. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. Other specific duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required of employees assigned to these jobs.
Preferred Skills (beyond required):
- Strong initiative and willingness to learn new things in a challenging environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Great attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Provides specific technical and/or broad scope security support to programs, personnel, facilities, and security infrastructure.
- Work alone with little supervision
- Able to read prints and schematics
- Able to carry 70lbs without issues