This job is only for current Vueling employees.
If you aren't working currently in Vueling, we invite you to review other open job positions here or use the option connect to receive our future job opportunities.
At Vueling, we love things to happen. We always try to go one step further and do it better. More than a job – it's a way of life.
That's why we work together as a team made up of talented and passionate people, collaborating, supporting and complementing each other.
We are one of Europe’s leading low-cost airlines, with special relevance in the Spanish domestic market, as well as in France and Italy.
The OCM leads and protects the integrity of the planned schedule to deliver excellent customer service through management of aircraft and crew resources to achieve a safe, efficient and compliant operation. During times of disruption ensures the return to the predefined operating plan as soon as practical.
- Co-ordinate the allocation of aircraft and the deployment of Flight and Cabin Crew resources
- Responsible for identifying, assessing and recommending potential solutions to operational issues on a tactical and strategic basis to the Manager Operations Control, appropriate resource holders and key service partners to protect the integrity of the operational plan
- Manage the on the shift performance of a cross-functional Operations Control team and promote a pro-active working environment in which safety and customer service are of paramount importance
- Direct responsibility for the leadership, development and performance management of a duty manager team.
- The OCM is responsible for the on the day management of a cross-functional team (CC, CR, FD, FW, DM)
- Verify safety and punctuality of Vueling´s aircrafts, in 8h shifts.
- Manage, coordinate and supervise staff work in the different areas of the OCC who are the executor part of the operation. - Initiate the needed actions for incidents detection and operations continuity, during the operation monitoring.
- Establish all the necessary measures to guarantee a safety and punctual operation according to the OM.
- Ensure the processing and achievement of flyover and landing permits needed for the schedule flights.
- Ensure ATC optimum slots and flyover costs.
- Support, in a proactive way, the flights through the setting of meteorological monitoring system, NOTAM and ATS and keep it updated to minimize potential interruptions.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Monitoring Center staff and other departments and organizations, accordingly, to minimize the aircraft availability and servicing.
- Notify all flight network stations and service providers, any interruption or delay in the operative, and initiate any required actions.
- Coordinate with other stations in order to perform operations within punctual margins and inform them about delays, teams exchange, diversions, cancellation, etc.
- In case of air accident/incident, initiate the activation of the ERP procedure.
- 8 years of experience in OCC
- Proven delivery of customer focussed problem solving
- Proven ability to engage and influence across directorates and work with external stakeholders and partners
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to create a working environment in which staff feel comfortable and confident in raising issues, being flexible and taking responsibility.
- Proven leadership with extensive people management experience.
- *Excellent analytical skills in an operational context
- Sound decision maker and ability to prioritise under pressure
- Extensive people management experience. Commitment to team coaching and development. Inspires and engages teams by creating and communicating a compelling vision.
- Achieving consensus when dealing with conflicting priorities
- Evidence of ownership for project delivery and delegation with clear responsibilities
- Understanding of Flight Crew and Cabin Crew agreements
- Good understanding of the planning process, the potential deficiencies and appropriate remedial actions.
English: B2 - C1
Individual Contributor 4
Our benefits 💛
Every single person who works with us is unique. And we want your experience of working at Vueling to be just as unique. Our employee benefits include staff travel, discounts, flexible working model and much more! Want to learn more? click here
We have won the award for the “Best Low-Cost Airline in Europe 2021” at the Skytrax World Airline Awards, the world’s largest annual airline passenger satisfaction survey. We will continue to work hard to always offer the best customer experience!