Provides leadership and general oversight of HR and Payroll systems (Workday).Essential Duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to this position as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Manages and provides full service end user support for systems users in HR and Payroll by troubleshooting problems, analyzing root cause, answering questions, creating and/or modifying reports, and planning/creating documentation as needed.
- Actively engages in the design, development and hands on implementation of system configuration solutions. Oversees the planning, supporting and participating in testing activities.
- Acts as a liaison between key business areas to work with and educate users on applications, technology in support of business processes and enhancements. Facilitates discussion to understand the business and information needs of HR, Payroll and management.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations regarding system and process enhancements to streamline HR and Payroll operations system supported processes
- Focuses on optimizing efficiency, ensuring data integrity, and safeguarding system security/data privacy with a commitment to utilizing best practices.
- Performs risk analysis with technical and business stakeholders; working with stakeholders to aggressively manage risks to reduce impact on HR/Payroll customers and related projects timelines/budgets.
- Coordinates and guides project and support (internal and external) resources across various project and system support workstreams.
- Develops and updates department policies and procedures as required for project management and support/solution delivery.
- Protects and supports system security configuration and administration.
- Serves as the SME for HR reporting and data needs. Provides solutions for other departments as requested by management.
- Fosters the Company’s core values and culture throughout the work environment.
- Screens, interviews and makes recommendations for hiring potential associates. Coaches and provides leadership, direction, motivation and supervision of direct reports. Appraises performance, provides performance feedback, takes corrective actions and oversees training and development of staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE.
- Bachelor's degree in management or human resource information systems, Human Resources, Finance, Business or a Computer related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 6 years of related HR and HRIS experience, with 3 of those years utilizing Workday.
- Experience in system life-cycle phase, requirements, analysis, design, testing, implementation, deployment and system upgrade.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications, especially Word and Excel.
- Advanced analytical skills including excellent problem solving skills with an understanding of core HR business practices (HRIS, Compensation, Benefits, Recruiting, HR Shared Services)
Experience configurating and managing at least three Workday functional areas, with a preference given to Recruiting experience.Language Skills
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.DECISION MAKING
Makes day to day decisions used to support strategic direction. Decisions often require some thought and are somewhat structured. Decisions tend to be short term and usually moderate cost.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Able To Move About The Work Environment.
Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typically not exposed to extreme environmental conditions.Travel Requirements