Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
What you need:
- Position: Supply Chain Field Engineer. Full time. Remote work acceptable - must be in close proximity (<1 hour) of major (international) hub airport.
- Responsible for on time and on quality delivery performance of Archer suppliers.
- Engage in recovery missions, support supplier execution of contract, APQP deployment at suppliers, Run@Rate projects, and deep dive complex manufacturing challenges.
- Assess supply base capability, capacity, and readiness for the program, including but not limited to supplier engineering, production, and supply chain readiness. Identify risks and develop the appropriate risk mitigation plans with the internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively communicate suppliers progress and situation to internal stakeholders.
- As needed, proactively manage supply base issues through the life of the program, coordinating the development of solid recovery plans with internal and external stakeholders, as well as systematic RCCA (Root Cause Corrective Action).
- Contributes to the development and implementation of supplier management plans, processes, and procedures. Actively involved in continuous improvement internally to enhance organizational value and efficiency.
- Travel: 60% or higher as needed , including some international
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, or Supply chain
- 5 years of related experience, ideally in Aerospace industry
- Results oriented individual, with experience in supply chain management, industrial engineering, supplier quality, or manufacturing management
- Experience working with suppliers in a fast paced, highly technical and regulated environment
- Excellent communication and influence skills
- Solid analytical and computer skills
- Strong team player
- Demonstrate flexibility
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- APICS certification
- Ability to work with non-native English speakers, language proficiency
- OpEx, Lean, or Six Sigma certification
- APQP/PPAP certification