Pay Rate: £32,900
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Shift patterns: Rotational any 5 out of 7 - 6am to 2pm & 2pm to 10pm
Location: Ealing (UB6 0TP)
DHL, award winning leading supply chain business is seeking a Transport Supervisor / First Line Manager to play a vital role coordinating our daily logistics requirements. To succeed in this role, you should have a comprehensive knowledge of supply chain supervisory practices and a demonstrative understanding of warehouse procedures, including storing goods, dispatching orders and tracking transportation vehicles.
WHAT DOES THE ROLE ENTAIL?
- To directly assist Management by coordinating and generating the shipping requirements for distribution routes, from warehouse to end-user, maintaining precise and up to date reports.
- To supervise, implement and coordinate productivity by communicating job expectations to direct line reports, ensuring that all deadlines are safely met within allocated time frames, always maintaining standards of excellence.
- To track and trace shipping orders using a digital In-house tracking software system, ensuring that records are maintained and kept at optimum level.
- Implement actions as directed to reduce or eliminate health and safety related risks.
- Ensure the team applies the Safety Standards and relevant guidelines.
- Report and investigate incidents within the work place and respond to or escalate issues of non compliance to safety regulations and procedures.
- Implement the CAPA process, particularly for critical nonconformities, with identified actions taken to prevent recurrence and avoid cost of non-quality.
- Participate in customer, regulatory and internal operational audits as required and work with the team to implement the agreed action plan.
- Support management with resource planning and management e.g. implement agreed processes to review performance, monitor absense and sickness and address issues within clear guidelines.
- Participates in regular operation reviews and conducts regular colleague briefings via the use of Performance Dialogue boards and regular briefings.
- Implement feedback channels for employees (e.g. Performance Dialogue boards, daily briefing sessions, EOS) to enable active contribution to the improvement and development of the site
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
- Previous and practical experience as a Transport Supervisor or Team Leader within a logistics environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of supply chain practices.
- Previous experience of the preparation and distribution of volume orders.
- Computer literate with a practical knowledge of logistics software packages.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to supervise, organise and train direct reports.
- A recognised qualification in Supply Chain Management or Logistics will be well received.
WHY CHOOSE US?
As well as competitive pay rates, you will be entitled to an award-winning range of benefits including:
- On Site Benefits: Mention if site offer free parking, free transport to site, Canteen provisions Etc.
- Free confidential 24/7 GP Service
- Hundreds of discounts (including Retail, Childcare + Gym)
- Affordable loans & Enhanced Pension Scheme
- 24/7 employee support service for you (+ family) with access to free counselling and much more: https://supplychainjobs.dhl.com/jobs/our-benefits/
OUR APPROACH TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. Find out more about our Global approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging: https://careers.dhl.com/global/en/diversity
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
DHL is the global leader in Supply Chain management and we keep the world moving. Our expert teams work together to deliver for our customers across a range of industries including retail, automotive, healthcare and more, so they can deliver to their customers.