BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Master Technician
Location: Peterborough - PE2 6XE
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Salary: £38,500 + DHL Benefits
Shift pattern: Day time Only (Monday – Friday) (37.5 hrs a week only)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
We're currently recruiting for a Master Technician to join our expanding team within our Inside Track contract for VWG Cars. As an experienced Master Technician, you will be responsible for carrying out approved repairs to VWG vehicles using best practice techniques, incorporating customer approved repair methods and guidelines
WHAT WE NEED FROM A MASTER TECHNICAN;
- Level 3 City and Guilds or other qualification in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Diagnostic skills and experience.
- A strong knowledge of electrical, electronic and mechanical
- Volkswagen group repairs and maintenance up-to date experience
- Valid full driving license
- Pride in your work and a desire to deliver a fantastic customer experience
- You will be a time-served, qualified Vehicle / Master Technician, ideally worked on VW- branded cars.
- Master Technician qualifications are preferred.
- Volkswagen experience is desirable
MAIN DUTIES WOULD INCLUDE:
- Efficiently diagnose of VW faults and working within set manufacturers repair time
- To ensure correct clocking and documentation are kept up to date
- To utilize all materials and consumables in the most cost-effective way
- To ensure all vehicles indicated as a priority are completed for bookings
- Acting as a mentor and guide to other Technicians to provide technical advice where needed
- Diagnosing complex symptoms on vehicle systems
- Undertaking major electrical and engine repair work
- Routine servicing and repairs
- Completing work in a timely and efficient manner
As well as competitive pay rates, you will be entitled to an award-winning range of benefits including:
- On Site Benefits: parking, Canteen provisions, Uniforms
- 25 days holidays Plus bank holidays
- Free confidential 24/7 GP Service
- Hundreds of discounts (including Groceries, Retail, Childcare + Gym and more )
- Affordable loans & Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Yearly free flu jabs and Employee Assistance Programme
- Fully supported ongoing training with our manufacturer partner, to allow career progression.
- Discount off medical cash plans including cover for dental and eye care
- 24/7 employee support service for you (+ family) with access to free counselling and much more: https://supplychainjobs.dhl.com/jobs/our-benefits/
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO DO NEXT ?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.