Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
This Manager, Environmental Processes & Programs is responsible to implement and maintain Air Canada’s Environmental Management System (EMS) through the IEnvA framework. In addition, the Manager, Environmental Management System & Programs, will act as the focal point for IEnvA matters with IATA.
This position will also be responsible for the development, implementation, and on-going management of issue-specific environmental programs within the Corporation and its subsidiaries system wide to meet formally stated environmental goals of the Corporation within the following key areas (but not limited to):
- Water resource conservation
- Illegal Wildlife Trade (IWT)
- Environmental management processes
Key Functions and Accountabilities
- Responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of Air Canada's Environmental Management System (EMS) through IEnvA framework.
- Responsible for the expansion, implementation, and maintenance of the illegal wildlife trade program within Air Canada
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of an EMS awareness program.
- Responsible for the management of the IEnvA and IWT certification programs
- Develop and manage o the IWT awareness programs.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and management of Air Canada’s water resource conservation program.
- Responsible to lead and manage the development and implementation of issue-specific environmental programs in co-operation with the branches or subsidiaries to meet formally stated environmental goals of the Corporation.
- Manage outside consultants as applicable to environmental programs assigned. This would include vendor identification, RFP development, selection, and ongoing oversight and management of vendor work.
- Provides day-to-day support and technical expertise to employees in IEnvA and EMS related issues.
- Ensure all policy and program documentation is maintained up to date within requirements of the EMS.
- Assist in the implementation of other environmental programs as assigned.
- Continually maintains a high level of professional proficiency and knowledge of environmental management systems and environmental matters, technologies, and developments. Shares good practices and problems/lessons learned with branches and colleagues.
In cooperation with the Manager, Environmental Sustainability Engagement:
- Develop communications and awareness materials geared toward a variety of stakeholders, including internal branches as part of EMS requirements and engages employees around environmental protection and sustainability to help build a culture of environmental stewardship and to drive performance within Air Canada.
- Develop and maintain Air Canada’s internal Portal Environment site and team site on SharePoint and the external Leave Less website.
In cooperation with the Manager, Environmental Affairs Data System:
- Ensure continuous improvement and development of support/tools for the EMS and future automation of EMS-related activities.
- University degree in Environmental Sciences or equivalent
- 4-5 years minimum experience in the field of environment and/or environment-related activities and/or project management
- Environmental Management System experience or knowledge is a strong asset.
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to foster strong relationships with and manage internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage projects, demonstrate initiative and able to work independently.
- Must have excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Commitment to quality and pride in work, patience, and perseverance
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Programs and Share Point
- Must be available and able to travel domestically and internationally as required.
- Strong familiarity with the business applications of social media platforms an asset.
- Bilingual is an asset.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.