The Systems Administrator 1, under general supervision, is responsible for participation in installation, maintenance, and management of networking and infrastructure systems. A Systems Administrator I must have a basic level of understanding in IP data networks, computing systems, communications, security protocols, and related hardware/software and overall technology that is used.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility consists of trouble shooting support for the following systems: local and wide area networks, ERP application, e-mail, internet access, time and attendance, office automation, backup systems, telecommunication systems, meeting rooms and display boards.
- User administration for Astronics network and applications.
- Ensure computing and network infrastructure environment is secure according to established procedures.
- Is responsible for monitoring performance of selected networks and servers to identify potential problems and bottlenecks.
- Assist with maintaining all backup procedures and records for all property data and systems.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of standards and procedures for system security for all applicable systems to minimize potential exposure/risk.
- Ensure that all use of IT resources conform to all Federal and state laws and that all software is legally owned by or licensed to the business.
- Maintain all inventory of the IT systems, software, and hardware.
- Serve as liaison between business units and IT, communicating technical information and plans.
- Provide creative solutions to user problems on laptops and desktop systems to ensure user satisfaction and productivity.
- Establish and maintain user procedures and hardware familiarization and training for all systems as needed.
- Assist in documentation of standards and methods.
- Meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to departmental and company policies.
- Complete all required Astronics Training programs within a set time frame.
- Duties, responsibilities, requirements, and expectations pertaining to this job are subject to change as needed.
Other Job Functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1 years of equivalent systems administrator experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the design, planning and execution of technology infrastructures preferred.
- Experience in understanding customer needs and providing quality customer service.
- Experience in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both orally and in writing is preferred.
- Experience in change management highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with vendors, clients and business partners desired.
- This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation.
- Must be US Person/US Citizen.
Applicants must have a professional demeanor and possess excellent interpersonal, customer service, multi-tasking, organizational, time management and written/oral communication skills. The ideal candidate will be hard working, a quick learner; detail oriented, well organized and can work alone as well as with others to reach a common goal. Candidates must have the ability and desire to learn new technologies and increase technical skill set as well as have flexibility with their work schedule. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
For individuals hired to work in California, Astronics Test Systems (ATS) is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to California. Any offer extended to a candidate will be based upon their unique set of knowledge, skills, education, and experience, as well as internal equity. A reasonable estimate of the range for this position is $50,000 - $70,000 annually.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Notice of Affirmative Action Plan for Individuals with Disabilities and for Veterans of the Vietnam Era
It is policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified personnel at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities and veterans of the Vietnam Era.
The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Program is to place qualified individuals with disabilities and Vietnam Era veterans in all job classifications. This Affirmative Action Program is available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
If you need an accommodation to apply, please contact Danelle Ha at (949) 859-8999 for assistance.
This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation.
We promote a drug free environment and conduct pre-employment testing.