Type of vacancy: Regular
City: Schiphol Oost
Hours per week: 32-40
Education: Master's degree (WO Master)
Apply before: 06/09/2023
As a key member of the KLM|BCG Partnership team, you will play a pivotal role in driving change within the airline industry. Airlines are giant optimization puzzles: should the São Paulo flight depart at 09:55 or 10:15? Can we reduce food waste by more accurately predicting the number of passengers 14 days in advance? How should we space flights so that delays are a thing of the past? How can we optimize rosters such that we can balance the workload of personnel and the punctuality of departures? What is the most efficient aircraft for each flight to minimize fuel consumption? At the pioneering partnership delivering innovative AI products to KLM and external clients, there is always an optimization challenge awaiting you.
Where do you land?
You will land within KLM Operations Decision Support (ODS); an integral and transversal part of Passenger Business Operations, driving operational integral decision making based on the Operational Excellence philosophy. Next to various other teams, such as the Machine Learning team and OPX team; ODS is also the division that positions the unique Partnership between KLM and Boston Consulting Group (BCG). This partnership is managed by a separate KLM|BCG combined management team that includes the KLM COO and BCG Managing Director.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team combining talent with a drive for delivering results while having profound knowledge of the airline industry and KLM operations.
What are you going to do?
We are seeking a Data Scientist who specializes in operations research and software development and has a practical understanding of machine learning as well. In this role, you will collaborate closely with our business partners to translate their needs into compelling and innovative products based on predictive and prescriptive analytics. You will work with fellow developers to design and develop AI products, while also contributing with your expertise in operations research to build efficient mathematical models and algorithms
We are looking for talented Operations Research enthusiasts, for curious builders who are biased towards action, communication and enjoy working in a fast-paced and international environment. You have a fundamental understanding of both OR and ML and how it can be implemented in an operational context. You can prove this by:
- Having a relevant master's degree and experience building operations research-based products in an enterprise or commercial setting. A PhD is a plus.
- Being proficient in Python. You are eager to deliver production grade code.
- Being able to explain complex technical topics to peers, non-technical colleagues, and management in an easy to digest way and adapt style to suit the audience.
- Available and willing to travel abroad to engage with clients and implement optimization solutions on site.
- Also, you are fluent in English, being able to communicate in Dutch is a plus.
- A challenging role at an unique employer in the Netherlands;
- A gross salary between €4.340,- and €5.430,- per month; depending on level of experience
- Plenty of room for personal development and wonderful career opportunities;
- A good pension scheme and 8 percent holiday pay;
- An end of the year bonus of 8,33%
- 25 days of paid holiday and 5 extra days off;
- Great discounts on airline tickets (if you have been in service for at least 6 months);
- A travel expenses scheme and free use of the bus network around Schiphol;
- Discount of your health insurance;
- A personal budget for sustainable employability.
Ready for your next destination?
Don’t wait any longer, send us your CV before the final boarding call on 06/09/2023! A motivation letter is no longer required; we will simply ask you a couple of questions during your online application. Within two weeks, you will receive a message from us. Your application procedure consists of two interviews and –possibly- an assessment and security research.
A file check (for ex-KLM-employees) and/or a reference check can be part of the application procedure. By applying for this vacancy you consent to these checks.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact the hiring manager. Call or e-mail the recruiter for questions about the application process. In both cases, don't forget to mention the vacancy number: #14026 .
Ies Wuisman: IES.WUISMAN@KLM.COM
Noor Tabi: NOOR.TABI@KLM.COM
Details from this vacancy are not to be used for marketing purposes.