Job Description Summary
The On Wing Support Technician will provide quick-turn aircraft engine maintenance, repair and field services. In the On Wing Support Technician role, you will provide engine troubleshooting, field repairs, and line maintenance while developing positive relationships with customers through outstanding customer awareness.
In addition, as the On Wing Support Technician, you will:
- Perform maintenance on GE/CFM aircraft engines around the world to the highest quality standards.
- Partner with planning team and CVG inspectors to execute business-specific strategies—serve customers and win additional business.
- Understand and follow appropriate Aircraft Maintenance Manual, Engine Shop Manual procedures.
- Demonstrate required knowledge of OWS Quality Procedures, as well as FAA/EASA Part 145 requirements and procedures. Act in accordance with the site’s Repair Station and Quality Control Manual and other applicable regulation/bounds.
- Perform supplementary shop and housekeeping duties as required
- Build customer relationships through good communication skills and understanding of customer perspectives.
- Take ownership for and follow through on full scope of work tasks and projects.
Qualifications / Requirements:
Additional Eligibility Requirement:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Desired Skills / Experience:
6 months of experience in repair of large commercial engines
Approach work with a “can-do” attitude and a sense of commitment to both team and customer objectives
Prior co-op or internship experience within GE On Wing Support
Strong communication skills and problem-solving ability are a must
Possess a desire to learn and grow with advances in technology
LEAP, GE90, CFM, CF6, CF34, and GENX experience
Line maintenance, engine changes, module removal & installation, or LRU removals and installations
Demonstrated quality, compliance, and customer satisfaction skills
NDT Level II experience in Ultrasonic, Eddy Current, and Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No