Job Description Summary
The Lead Product Engineer is the product owner within the assigned business. Includes ownership for the product at the drawing level, through all operations in the business. Includes product quality review associated with the manufacturing process. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies & discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ownership includes both quality assurance and quality control of compressor blades and vanes processed through Grind applications for FBM Business
- Interfaces with other businesses within the Rutland site to improve product quality for owned product line.
- Includes quality assurance of products, services, & manufacturing processes
- Includes conformance in manufacturing, incoming goods control, product inspection, etc.
- Develops new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations
- Works across all levels of the Rutland organization, as well as externally to support new product introduction & design changes
- Specifies needs, communicates about projects around product quality and throughput as dictated by site level metrics
- Delivers products as part of a team
- Leads analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods
- Ownership of product through all operations in the assigned business area
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing / or Military experience)
3 years of Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes