We are a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. We support the world’s aircraft and aero engine manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft.
Joining our team means you’re helping to deliver our purpose of ‘Enabling Engineering Breakthroughs that Lead to a Better Tomorrow’. A career at Parker Meggitt offers boundless potential for professional and personal growth. You will work alongside the brightest minds in the world, help develop innovative technology and products and contribute to our company’s goal of solving the world’s greatest engineering challenges.
We have succeeded in employing the top talent in the industry by focusing our hiring efforts on the individual, not the job description. If you are an inquisitive thinker with great ideas and a desire to succeed, we will find the perfect spot for you on our team.
This position supports individual sourcing projects and/or a set of assigned commodities by deploying best practices, procurement tools, and negotiation skills. Also, assists in contract execution, implementation, and supplier reviews for assigned contracts. The Strategic Buyer works collaboratively and proactively to identify process, sourcing, and contract improvement opportunities.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Position proactively sources suppliers, and may assist with bid evaluations, cost analyses, price justification, and risk assessment of suppliers.
- May assist with supplier negotiations on new procurements or changes to existing purchase orders.
- May drafts purchase orders and agreements for approval by the Sourcing & Commodity Manager.
- Regularly review and document supplier performance history.
- Review and update daily metrics as applicable.
- Coordinate and participate in supplier meetings as necessary.
- Maintain and foster current supplier relationships as well as build new relationships to expand supply base where appropriate.
- Onboard new suppliers as well as exit underperforming suppliers as necessary.
- May require limited domestic travel to suppliers.
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree, Preferably in Supply Chain Management or a relevant discipline.
Years Experience: min 3 Years’ Experience and/or exposure to supply chain concepts and methodologies and manufacturing through internships or training programs.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Possess analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper automation opportunities.
- Excellent with Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
- Must be able to work on team based projects at multiple levels of the organization.
- APICS certifications preferred: CPIM or CSCP.
- Ability to handle many tasks at a given time and work effectively with others in a team environment.
- General understanding of the APQP approach.
- General understanding of blueprint reading a plus.
- General understanding of FAR, DFAR, and ITAR procurement regulations
- Please note that the salary range information is only applicable for California. Compensation is based on a variety of factors, candidate experience, qualifications, location as well as market and business considerations. Pay Range: $$74K-$119K
Parker Meggitt is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business. We strongly believe that building a culture of respect and appreciation, will give everyone the opportunity to recognize their full potential.
Parker Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 at or HRISon@meggitt.com.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.