Joining our team means you’re helping to deliver our vision <> - keeping the world flying with one of over 73,000 Meggitt-equipped aircraft taking off every second of every day; protecting countless lives with our technology, keeping those who put their lives at risk safer and ensuring that the lights stay on for millions of people worldwide.
With over 160 years of history, innovation’s at the heart of everything we do in our aerospace, defence and selected energy markets Our global approach to lean manufacturing is the driving force on our journey to operational excellence and our goal to provide the best technology, products and service to our Customers.
We’ll help shape your career and provide you with the right learning, development and growth opportunities; we’re working hard to create a High Performance Culture where we live our Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence
Based within the Fareham Operations Centre Quality Engineering Team. The Quality Engineer will support the Quality Engineering Manager and have the responsibility to lead RCCA, effective time management of quality investigations with customers and suppliers, support closure of internal and 3rd party audit findings. They will drive Zero Defects and BMS improvement in accordance with internal and external customer's requirements.
- Review and produce product FAIRs, PPAPs and control plans and present to customers as required
- To Identify and lead improvement projects and investigations across the business with multifunctional teams, monitoring KPIs such as yield, cost of quality, DPPM, warranty and Out Of Box returns and meeting turnaround times for SLAs such as MRB processing
- To be customer facing in the management of quality activities for applicable key customers.
- To support internal & external audits and liaise with the Quality Systems Team to address actions raised by 3rd party certification bodies (CAA, BSI) and customers
- To monitor and manager supplier performance through surveillance and improvement activities by the use of appropriate quality tools
- Introduce and improve BMS processes across the operations centre, to be involved Kaizen activities to identify and reduce waste
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience within Engineering with at least 2 years within Aerospace strongly preferred
- Experience of auditing to AS9100, Part 21 sub part G and Part 145 (Lead auditor desirable)
- Ability to lead internal audits, participate in external audits and host nominated visiting quality assurance representatives
- Experience of compiling and reviewing FAIRs to AS9102
- Familiarity with quality improvement tools
- An understanding of PPAP and the supporting element of this process
- Ability to develop creative new product solutions to complex problems
- Experience of Value Added production process and committed to continuous improvement
- Strong decision making skills
- Strong problem solving, analytical and research skills with excellent attention to detail
What We Offer:
Parker Meggitt is proud to offer a competitive total rewards framework designed with our colleagues' health, wealth, and well-being in mind to help our employees balance a successful career. Our competitive package will include:
- Flexible working policies
- Career development and opportunities to progress
- Pension Scheme up to 8% company contribution
- Employee Assistance Program for Health & Wellbeing
- Employee Perks – offering our employees discounts on a huge variety of goods and services
- Income Protection
- Employee Resource Groups to represent and promote our diversity and inclusion
- Volunteering day off
Meggitt are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business. We strongly believe that building a culture of respect and appreciation, will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential.