Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 10,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Electrical Engineering Intern provides assistance on routine problems to the Engineering Support Team. Gains an overall knowledge and technical proficiency in engineering with departmental objectives.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Assists with engineering designs, experiments and assemblies as requested
- Performs trouble shooting and qualification testing to support engineers
- Works to gain overall knowledge and proficiencies with engineering tasks and processes
- Responsible for supporting unit initiatives
- Learns and understands systems and processes within a regulated industry
- Assists project Engineers with managing and execution of projects
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years Experience: 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Actively pursuing an engineering degree at an accredited university
- Strong word processing and/or data entry skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong work ethics and ability to drive tasks to completion
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.