We are a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. We support the world’s aircraft and aero engine manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft.
Joining our team means you’re helping to deliver our purpose of ‘Enabling Engineering Breakthroughs that Lead to a Better Tomorrow’. A career at Parker Meggitt offers boundless potential for professional and personal growth. You will work alongside the brightest minds in the world, help develop innovative technology and products and contribute to our company’s goal of solving the world’s greatest engineering challenges.
We have succeeded in employing the top talent in the industry by focusing our hiring efforts on the individual, not the job description. If you are an inquisitive thinker with great ideas and a desire to succeed, we will find the perfect spot for you on our team.
The Intern is a student, or a recent graduate undergoing on-the-job supervised training in preparation of a desired career. Performs a variety of tasks that provide business support to a functional area.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Provides business support to an assigned functional area.
- Assists with various projects such as performing research, gathering data, maintaining databases, files and documents.
- Supports team daily operations by learning and participating in a variety of activities.
- Assists in the creation of signage, circulars, mock ups, e-mail campaigns and on line promotion.
- Participates in preparation and delivery of training materials.
- Opens, sorts and routes incoming mail and makes preparations for outgoing mail.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary.
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Years Experience: 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize with changing situations.
- Ability to use existing procedures to solve straightforward problems.
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to drive tasks to completion.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Parker Meggitt is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business. We strongly believe that building a culture of respect and appreciation, will give everyone the opportunity to recognize their full potential.
Parker Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 at or HRISon@meggitt.com.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.