Role And Responsibilities
Passionate about your field? Looking for a work environment where you can meet challenges, innovate, use state-of-the-art tools and collaborate with experts from various sectors? Want to join a world class company and industry leader and be proud to contribute to our projects and mission? Come join our team and share your passion with us!
At CAE, our teams are committed to staying innovative and on the leading edge. It is therefore essential to keep improving all the tools and software we have developed. That’s why we need your expertise and passion to complete our team!
The role we are offering you:
The engineering team responsible of avionics systems is looking for an avionics technician to support the team for avionics systems integration tasks in our simulators. The position holder tasks expected but not limited to are as follows:
- Support the engineering vehicle-avionics team during the integration phase to validate the installation and behavior of the avionics systems;
- Investigate the design and integration issues and equipment failures of hardware avionics units on our simulators and their associated systems;
- Propose solutions to the observed hardware issues and implement them once approved;
- Implement minor software fixes to solve some avionics systems issues;
- Coordinate the efforts to solve all observed issues;
- Participate to the definition and assembly of hardware test platforms (laboratories);
- Interact with the hardware engineering department responsible of flight simulators;
- Manage the inventory of test equipment and participate to the equipment buying process;
- Occasionally travel to support our customers on their sites.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Technical College diploma in avionics or electronics;
- Able to interpret schematics and other technical documents pertaining to aviation;
- Good knowledge of aircraft systems and terminology;
- Good knowledge of communication protocols such as ARINC-429, ARINC-664, RS232, CAN, MIL-1553 and network communication principles such as TCP/IP;
- Good knowledge of how to use electronic test equipment as well as how to use software diagnostic utilities;
- Excellent ability to analyze the root causes while troubleshooting issues;
- Basic knowledge of computer networking;
- Basic knowledge of software languages C, C++, C#, an asset;
- Good sense of responsibility, autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Good sense of organisation and planning;
- Able to work well in a team;
- Good knowledge of MS-Office tools and suite;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Bilingualism (French and English) is required.
- Benefits: fully flexible for you to choose what is important
- Retirement: Defined Benefits Retirement Plan & Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Financial Perks: Employee Stock Purchase Plan & numerous corporate discounts
- Personal and Family Programs: Physical Wellness Plan & Supplementary Maternity Plan
- Work-Life Balance: Flextime & California Fridays all year
- Fun at work: social and community events all-year round!
With over 10,000 employees located in 35 countries, CAE is a global leader in training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets. To learn more: www.cae.com
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.