Role And Responsibilities
As part of the Global Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement Services team, you will participate as a Continuous improvement Senior adviser
, in the development of the business excellence model and in support of the company's transformational and strategic projects.
As part of this position, you will lead continuous improvement project and manage change through to completion. Ensure sustainability within business unit and functions while collaborating with sponsors. You will be willing to work with several levels of management and business units in order to share the best practices of "lean sigma", Agile, Design Thinking and continuous improvement in the high-tech industry.
You are a culture- and people-driven change accelerator. Agile in the application of concepts and applied knowledge in a technological, service and manufacturing environment. You are a strategic thinker, a good communicator to sell these ideas and influence the positive benefits of continuous improvement and innovation. You are a team player with good priority and stress management.
- Actively involved in the development and sustainability of the business excellence model.
- Experiences in the deployment of an operational excellence model with different realities and levels of maturity.
- Mastery of interpersonal skills: Open and transparent communication, influence, active listening, collaboration, consideration of the different perspectives of internal customers, managerial courage and confidence.
- Proposes good practices, encourages opportunities for improvements in the value chain, processes and tools.
- Application and coaching of the use of “lean six sigma” tools and continuous improvement.
- Plans, organizes, facilitates and monitors workshops – Process management and VSM (Value Steam mapping of service or manufacturing).
- Participate or improve in the development of training material according to the best practices and trends of a high-tech company.
- Works in collaboration with a cross-functional team across CAE's various sites.
- Participate in the establishment and development of the community of good practice within CAE.
- Define and implement a maturity assessment system.
- Support and deliver AC transformational and strategic projects when required.
- Application of project management concepts: Planning, risk management, budget management, project performance indicator.
- Facilitate the use of technological and collaborative tools.
- Coach and mentor six sigma projects in line with the objectives of the department, business units and the company.
- Supervise and coach project teams on problem solving techniques as well as Kaizen and Lean Six Sigma concepts throughout the project.
- May be required to travel as required to various CAE locations, including locations in the UK, USA, Germany and India.
- Flexible and agile in prioritization according to project demand and urgency.
- Prepare project and progress reports according to a good practice of effective meeting structure.
- University degree (technical or business) or equivalent experience in continuous improvement in a similar role.
- At least 8-10 years of professional experience in lean, continuous improvement, operational excellence and/or combined with management, industrial engineering or project management.
- Relevant experience in workshop facilitation Experience in "Six Sigma" and "Lean" projects.
- Pragmatic approach in its efforts to achieve excellence, flexibility, adaptability and good reactions, even under pressure.
- Ability to work at different organizational levels and support management teams.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent skills in communication, human relations, coaching and strong power of persuasion.
- Bilingualism (French and English) is required.
- Available to travel occasionally to different CAE sites.
- Autonomy in execution and decision-making.
- Easily adapts to change.
- Six Sigma Certification Green/Black Belt, PMP, Certification Member of the OIQ (Order of Engineers of Quebec) preferably.
- An environment where your initiatives will be recognized and valued.
- The opportunity to work on a variety of projects in a multidisciplinary team.
- A flexible schedule.
- Possibility of telework.
- Attractive benefits.
Come share your passion with us!
With more than 13,000 employees in 40 countries, CAE is a world leader in training in the fields of civil aviation, defense and security, and healthcare. To learn more: www.cae.com .
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.