Role And Responsibilities
Who We Are:
- CAE Vision: Our vision is to be the worldwide partner of choice in defense and security, civil aviation, and healthcare by revolutionizing our customers’ training and critical operations with digitally immersive solutions to elevate safety, efficiency and readiness.
- CAE Defense & Security Mission: CAE's Defense and Security business unit focuses on helping prepare military customers to develop and maintain the highest levels of mission readiness.
- CAE Values: Empowerment, Innovation, Excellence, Integrity and OneCAE make us who we are and we strive to make a difference in the world while helping each other succeed.
What We Have to Offer:
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits package and flexibility that promotes work-life balance
- A work environment where all employees are valued, respected and safe
- Freedom to succeed by enabling team members to deliver, take initiatives and make decisions
- Recognition, professional development, advancement and having fun!
This internship will provide the opportunity to learn about project management, defense contracting, and simulation & training. You will work on projects that give you hands-on experience with project management methodology, business analysis, change management, and material acquisition. More specifically, you be involved in the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs. Participate in the negotiation of contract and contract changes, coordinate the preparation of proposals and business plans. Establish project schedules through MS Project. This opportunity will allow you to improve your communication and problem-solving skills in a business environment.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in the review of customer proposals to ensure cost and price accuracy
- Provide meeting minutes for program IPT meetings
- Provide recurring financial analysis of labor, travel, and material program costs
- Provide assistance in reconciling forecast/actual variances
- Assist manager in meeting revenue and profitability goals
- Develop and maintain integrated master schedules
- Provide assistance to improve, document, and deploy Project Management Office processes and procedures
- Identify exceptions, errors, variances and/or deficiencies in data and communicate to manager
- Submit bi-weekly internship status reports
- Develop and present executive level debrief report to senior management; details to follow
Qualifications And Education Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited bachelor's degree (or higher level) college/university program
- Must have completed at least their sophomore year
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Ability to work 40 hours a week
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple, competing assignments in a dynamic environment, with the ability to be extremely flexible and adaptable
- Must be detail oriented
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate – verbal & written – at all levels of the organization.
Compliance with all company Information Systems security policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper classification and marking of all information and materials, in any form, produced by the incumbent. Shall be assigned specific responsibility for Information Security by immediate supervisor or department management. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. Incumbent shall execute company non-disclosure agreement prior to access to any controlled information.
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
Due to U.S. Government contract requirements, only U.S. citizens are eligible for this role
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.