Org Marketing Statement
About PPF Division
Parker Precision Fluidics (PPF) www.parker.com/ppf, is a leading provider of miniature fluidic components and subsystems serving the medical, diagnostic and analytical instrumentation. Product technologies include miniature solenoid valves, proportional valves, multimedia valves, application-specific manifolds, pumps, and electronic pressure controllers.
Working at Parker
• Work alongside the brightest minds in the world, help develop innovative technology and products
• Engaging and supportive work environments
• When you succeed, you will be recognized for individual and team achievements
• Boundless potential for professional and personal growth
Ensures maximum cost effectiveness and reliability of manufacturing processes and workflow. Determines the methods and sequences of manufacturing operations for moderately complex products and machine parts and assemblies; ensures that products and processes meet customer quality requirements. Provides producibility input and manufacturing plans for product design or modification.
- Evaluates moderately complex manufacturing processes by conducting process analysis, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials, conferring with suppliers, and soliciting observations from operators/production technicians.
- Develops moderately complex manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; and conferring with equipment suppliers. Prepares written and graphical work instructions for thcommunication of manufacturing requirements to production personnel.
- Refines and enhances products and processes by applying continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to areas of production. May be assigned to special projects for a variety of products and processes.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout. Assures process control and reliability for assigned areas. Coordinates input and recommendations, and implements changes, that may cross multiple teams or areas.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and process capabilities, and establishing standards to confirm and validate manufacturing process requirements. Determines root cause of failure using statistical methods (e.g. design of experiment, statistical process control) that may result in changes in design, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor standards, and material costs, reviewing production schedules, and estimating future requirements. May serve as liaison to supplier base.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Presents findings and underlying rationale to team, supplier, or customer.
- May maintain product and process database by writing computer programs, travelers, operation sheets, and entering data.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing industry networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and/or participating in professional associations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements (e.g. environmental, safety, etc.) by studying existing and new legislation, ensuring adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents company on specific projects. Mentors new employees. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional (e.g. quality, design, or test engineering) or project team responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree (BS) in Manufacturing Engineering or related engineering field. Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through one or more years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of manufacturing and production engineering principles, concepts and general business operations. General knowledge of electromechanical flow and pressure devices or similar industry products and legal and regulatory requirements related to manufacturing plants.
- Ability to effectively apply continuous improvement methods to quality and manufacturing functions (e.g. pull systems, process mapping, JIT).
- Ability to use standard business applications software and/or specialized data analysis tools. Ability to work effectively with CAD/CAM systems or other computer aided manufacturing systems.
- Ability to work on a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of the situation or data requires thorough identification of factors and analysis of impact.
- Ability to work within general work objectives regarding projects and team goals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, technical manuals and policies and recommend changes to procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders, and top management.
- Ability to respond tosignificant inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goalsetting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)