This position is responsible for helping with set up the production and mixing schedule, assisting with workflow processes, and participating on project teams relating to work group. This position assists Value Stream Team Leaders with activities and fills in on the production floor when needed.
- Operate material handling equipment such as standup and sit-down forklifts, walkie-riders and material tuggers.
- Keep accurate records of all materials and weigh when required
- Maintain appropriate inventory documentation through computer transactions.
- Stretch wrap material, if required.
- Dump scrap tubs as required.
- Change batteries of equipment as required.
- Must use some physical effort to perform job duties.
- Must maintain operator certification for material handling equipment.
- Able to foster professionalism with all associates along with internal and external customers
- Monitor and follow all safety preventative measures and practices, including 5S+ safety guidelines
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/ NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Participate with the Natural High-Performance Team to identify opportunities and areas for improvement.
- Participate on project teams, star point teams and kaizen events when needed.
- Attend and participate in all training opportunities required to develop in the role
High School diploma or GED preferred
Previous experience in manufacturing preferred
Preferred Skills/ Qualifications:
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Sound decision making skills
- Good math, reading and writing skills
- Be able to exercise continuous mental, visual, and audio attention
1. Basic computer skills
2. Vision: Near acuity and accommodation for reading information to perform job tasks
3. Requires constant alertness to surroundings and product quality with attention to detail
4. Must be able to operate material handling equipment and hoist, if needed
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (eeoc.gov).