This position is responsible for performing any job duties required in the finish/assembly area. Jobs include coiling, packing, reel making, tire wrapping, and mandrel process.
- Monitor and follow all safety preventative measures and practices, including 5S+ safety guidelines
- Must be capable of following and meeting standard work requirements for assembly, packaging, processing, and inspection of final product.
- Perform quality inspections of packaging materials and final product as it is packaged.
- Assure all documents required are properly completed.
- Assure all packages and disks are labeled properly.
- Assure final product meets customer requirements.
- Must use frequent physical effort to perform job duties.
- Able to foster professionalism with all associates along with internal and external customers
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/ NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Participate with the Finish / Inspection Natural High-Performance Team to identify opportunities and areas for improvement.
- Participate on project teams, star point teams and kaizen events when needed.
- Attend and participate in all training opportunities required to develop in the role.
High School diploma or GED preferred
Previous experience in manufacturing preferred
Preferred Skills/ Qualifications:
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Sound decision making skills
- Good math, reading and writing skills
- Be able to exercise continuous mental, visual and audio attention
1. Basic computer skills
2. Vision: Near acuity and accommodation for reading information to perform job tasks
3. Requires constant alertness to surroundings and product quality with attention to detail
4. Must be able to operate material handling equipment and hoist, if needed
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (eeoc.gov).