There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path toward becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live, and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our careers include a competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you happy, healthy, and well-traveled. From employee-run "Business Resource Group" communities to world-class benefits like parental leave, and privileges like space-available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work. Are you ready to travel the world?
At United, we have some of the best aircraft in the world. Our Technical Operations team is full of aircraft maintenance technicians, Aerospace engineers, planners, ground equipment and facilities professionals, and supply chain teams that help make sure they’re well taken care of and ready to get our customers to their desired destinations. If you’re ready to work on our planes, join our Tech Ops experts and help keep our fleet in tip-top shape.Technical Operations/Maintenance
Technical Operations includes the maintenance, and overhaul of our aircraft. This includes aircraft maintenance technicians, engineers, planners, ground equipment and facilities teams, supply chain teams and more.Job Overview And Responsibilities
As a senior engineer you will provide engineering technical support during heavy maintenance checks for the United Airlines worldwide fleet of aircraft at GIG, (Galeão International Airport in Rio de Janeiro)
. Engineering support will include all repair and modification issues for Structures, Systems, Interiors, and Avionics, investigate maintenance problems during base maintenance and initiate corrective actions to return aircraft to service in a safe, airworthy condition in timely manner.
Must have Engineering experience in heavy check environment which provided repair disposition, to maintenance consisting of technical data research, process development, and procedure clarification and direction necessary to maintain continued airworthiness of the aircraft. This includes designing and developing technical data for aircraft repairs and modifications. Includes performing technical engineering substantiations through complex engineering analysis by hand and computer software programs and authoring engineering repair instructions for maintenance.
This position will be hired as an Aerospace Engineer. Aerospace Engineer requires at least 7 + years
engineering experience. Position is located at GIG, Galeão International Airport in Rio de Janeiro
. International travel is required. Must be willing to relocate to Rio de Janeiro area.
This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.
- Provides Aerospace engineering technical support for the United Airlines worldwide fleet of aircraft in a heavy check maintenance environment.
- Provide technical support for base maintenance aircraft to ensure timely return to service.This includes designing and developing technical data for aircraft repairs and modifications.
- Includes performing technical engineering substantiations through complex engineering analysis by hand and computer software programs. Author and continually evaluate/improve UAL engineering processes and procedures.
- Develop substantiating data for aircraft and equipment design / repairs through knowledge of aircraft operational characteristics, materials and processes
- Responsible for the investigation, root cause analysis and development of airworthy solutions for chronic aircraft issues.
- Author and continually evaluate/improve United’s engineering processes and procedures.
- Coordinates extensively with both internal and external organizations regarding specific aircraft and component issues to ensure airworthiness, safety, regulatory compliance, warranty liaison, operational reliability and efficiency
- Interfaces with internal and external organizations regarding specific aircraft and component issues.
- Interfaces with industry, regulatory, and/or governmental agencies as required, and coordinates work with other operational groups to ensure airworthiness, safety, and regulatory compliance.
- Organize and manage the priorities for assigned responsibilities and accomplish the work to meet all the deliverables for base maintenance aircraft.
- The resumes must be sent in English.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace) related technical field or equivalent relative work experience.
- Minimum of 7+ years at an Aerospace engineer level or similar role elsewhere in the industry
- The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of airline or OEM operations.
- Knowledge of Code of Regulations (CFRs) airworthiness design and substantiation criteria, aircraft and equipment design, and operational characteristics.
- Ability to interpret complex and technical Engineering and OEM documents.
- Highly detailed level project development and management for regulatory compliance modifications, and overall ownership of specific systems.
- Effective communication skills.
- Fluent in English - spoken and written skills are required.
- Reliable, punctual onsite attendance at United maintenance hangar in (GIG, Galeão International Airport in Rio de Janeiro) at is an essential function of the position
- Maintenance check engineering experience on Boeing and/or Airbus aircraft B767/B777.
- Boeing/Airbus Structures I course or equivalent.
- Knowledge of FARS (especially 145, 25, and 121).
- Advanced engineering degree.
- Boeing Structures II and III.
- Boeing Composite Repair Course 1 or 787 Course.
- FAA Airframe and/or Powerplant License(s).
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT GIG00000178