About British Airways Holidays
At British Airways Holidays our customers and colleagues are at the heart of everything we do. We’re one of the UK’s leading and most trusted tour operators, providing holiday packages, hotels, car hire and experiences via ba.com and the British Airways contact centres. From carefully selected hotels to our 24-hour support helpline, we take every element of our customers’ holidays seriously.
As a subsidiary of BA, we offer the advantages of being a significant part of the UK’s largest airline coupled with all the benefits of being in a smaller company. Our country’s creativity, diversity, style, wit and warmth are the same special qualities that make British Airways Holidays who we are. As our business grows, this is a really exciting time to join our team.
About the role
We are recruiting for a Destination Assistanton apermanent basis. This is an amazing opportunity to join our busy commercial department for one of the UK’s leading tour operators.
The purpose of this role is to provide administrative support to our Destination Teams.
Key accountabilities include:
- Checking and ensuring the accuracy of contracts
- Assist in the completion of competitive price comparisons
- Ensure all online copy & images are accurate and signed off by suppliers
- Assist with resolving contractual & operational queries
- Provide full administrative support to the destination teams
- Trip planning and preparation
- Filing of signed supplier contracts
This role has occasional travel overseas supporting our familiarisation trips.
Our essential skills and experience for this role are:
- Proven experience in a travel related role, ideally within product
- Strong administration and organisation skills with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to build strong relationships with external suppliers
- Ability to problem solve, while exercising clear sound judgement
- Happy to work from the British Airways Holidays offices as outlined below
To help you decide whether you would like to apply for this role, as a guide, a typical salary in this role is around £22,000 - £23,000per annum (this may vary depending on your relevant skills and experience), plus benefits.
Our offices are based just outside Gatwick Airport and we offer hybrid working (within the UK). Generally, this role works from our offices twice a week, with additional days as needed depending on meetings etc. Office days are co-ordinated so that colleagues in the same team are in the office together to collaborate in person. We usually support new colleagues in the office full time for the first few weeks with us. We offer flexible start and finish times.
This role is full time.
- 25 days holiday per calendar year, plus bank holidays
- Staff travel – from the date you join
- Flexible benefits package including market leading defined contribution pension scheme and generous life assurance cover, plus options such as dental /medical cover, and cycle to work, technology and electric car schemes.
- Hybrid working and flexible start & finish times
- Range of colleague wellbeing and recognition programmes
Closing date for applications is: 19 February 2024
Please note - we may close this vacancy early if we receive lots of applications or business priorities change.
At BA Holidays we value diversity and encourage a positive and inclusive environment for everyone. Applications from all backgrounds are welcome.
Please see our LinkedIn page to find out a bit about our recent activity!