SATELLITE POLICY ASSOCIATE
Starlink will provide high-speed broadband around the world. Telecommunication is a heavily regulated business and this position will direct SpaceX advocacy to ensure these regulations enable and protect the provision of this ground-breaking service. As a member of the Starlink Policy Team, you will partner with Satellite Policy Advisors to manage the policy environment for both domestic and international portfolios of countries and/or regions to enable Starlink to serve people and enterprises around the world in the near future.
- Assist with developing and advocating for broadband and spectrum policies that will further SpaceX’s business objectives and Starlink’s success domestically and internationally
- Draft pleadings, letters, and other advocacy pieces to promote SpaceX’s policy positions
- Contribute to company satellite spectrum policy and outreach activities with government officials at all levels
- Represent and promote the company positions before the FCC, the NTIA, and other Federal agencies, regulators, legislatures, and regional organizations
- Direct regulatory practice to secure necessary U.S. licenses, regulatory compliance, and customer support for all SpaceX spacecraft, earth stations, and services for the Starlink program
- Develop and administer regulatory licensing application preparation, pursuit, and compliance requirements for system and service licensing
- Provide strategic regulatory advice and advocacy support to business development efforts
- Advocate to optimize prospective satellite and telecoms regulatory frameworks and policy environments in alignment with SpaceX business objectives
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years of experience in the telecommunications sector, satellite policy, or with engineering development
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree or Juris Doctor degree
- Understanding of broadband policy
- Understanding of spectrum use and policies
- Knowledge of radiofrequency spectrum technology.
- Knowledge of telecommunications business and regulatory issues outside of the U.S
- Experience working with the Federal Communications Commission and other federal agencies
- Knowledge of key commercial and government players in the telecommunications/broadband industry
- Willingness to travel approximately 20% of the time
- Must be willing to work extended hours or/and weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Satellite Policy Associate: $125,000.00 - $180,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.