Since 1967, Jet Aviation has been crafting flight in its smoothest form. From one hangar in Basel, Switzerland, to some 4,000 employees, and some 50 locations worldwide. Aircraft Management, Aircraft Sales, Charter, Completions, Defence, FBO, Fixed and Rotary Wing Maintenance, and Staffing. Behind every seamless Jet Aviation experience, is a team of dedicated professionals perfecting the art of flight. The artisans of aviation. The craft that brings our customers’ journey to life. In the hangar, on the ground, and behind the scenes. Enabling global flight, with passion.
The position is required to serve the customer's needs and the requirements of their aircraft in accordance with Jet Aviation policy and procedures by performing the duties listed below.
“The posted salary ranges will default to that of your regional location and will not include any premiums. The baseline range will be as follows: $17.34– $22.00 per hour"
- Must have High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to work flexible schedules and willingness to work in various weather conditions as well as meeting minimum physical requirements of the job described below in the Physical Demands/Work Environment section
- Must be able to obtain a certificate from NATA Line Service training program
- Must be able to obtain a motor vehicle operating permit (MVOP) within 30-60 days
- Must obtain an Airport ID Badge within 30 days of employment
- Must be at least 18 years of age, with a valid driving license
- Ability to read and communicate in English
- Responsible for refueling and defueling all types of aircrafts on a daily basis, demonstrating knowledge of specific fueling requirements
- Provides towing and disconnecting services for all types of aircraft
- Executes hand signals in order to guide aircrafts during arrivals and departures
- Provides service to aircrafts using ground support equipment, e.g. use of GPU for aircraft engine starts and ground power, use of lavatory cart and emptying procedures, etc.
- Communicates with employees and/or crew using radios in order to provide excellent customer service
- Assists in providing aircraft with ice, coffee, catering and other necessary services
- Provides transportation for customers and pilots to and from aircraft, hotels, restaurants and other parts of the airport with courtesy van or bus
- Assists with aircraft and hangar cleaning, as needed
- Assists with general grounds keeping (grass cutting, weeding, picking up paper and trash, general housekeeping, etc.)
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed
Main Responsibilities Cont.
- Two years' related experience as a line service technician and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of refueling procedures of general aviation aircraft and corporate aircraft
- Knowledge of towing procedures and techniques
- Safety focused
- Results driven and able to execute with high personal accountability
- Strong initiative and self-direction
- Performs duties in the supervisor's absence
- Has a pleasant, friendly, and helpful manner to deliver the best experience to customers and colleagues
- Quality driven with a passion for excellence to represent Jet Aviation as a Brand Ambassador
- Demonstration and commitment to Jet Aviation values (Trust, Honesty, Alignment, Transparency)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use their hands and fingers to handle, feel, or reach. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, or sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds above their heads. Specific vision required for this job include, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee must be able to work in both a heavy maintenance environment and in upscale customer areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with occasional high volume when aircrafts arrive/depart. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. Occasional fuel fumes may permeate the workplace. Employee must be willing and able to work in all types of weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The Hangar environment may be extreme hot and cold during certain seasons of the year.
Jet Aviation provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.