Signature Aviation is a market leading global aviation services provider with over 220 locations and 6,000 employees worldwide. Eligible team members enjoy a wide array of benefits including health and welfare options, generous 401k match, paid time off, tuition assistance, and limitless opportunities for training and development.
The Training Manager, a member of the FBO leadership team, will lead and provide training efforts in support of the ground support and customer service team members who, in turn, assist with arriving/departing aircraft, their crew members, and passengers (in a base with multiple ramps).Job Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the implementation and sustainment of Signature Flight Support's training programs according to the company-provided structure and local authorities, ensuring best-in-class and effective training is provided for all base team members according to company policies, procedures, standards, and tier-leveling
- Plan, organize, and deliver training to ground support and customer service team members
- Provide daily leadership and direction to the OJT Trainers to ensure the training provided is safety-focused and consistent
- Promote a culture of safety and empowerment
- Work closely with the local training team to ensure all base team members complete required Web Based, Instructor-Led, Virtual Instructor-Led, and On-the-Job Training (OJT)
- Provide regular updates and feedback to the leadership team regarding new hire performance and the progression of training
- Ensure training provided improves work performance and maximizes employee potential
- Ensure required local and regulatory fire authority training is completed promptly
- Ensure all training files are organized, accurate, and maintained within company standards
- Ensure the Master Base Training document is current and accurate
- Overall responsibility and administration of the New Hire Training Process
- Ensure all team members are following company procedures, monitor for compliance, conduct on-the-spot corrective actions, and provide refresher training as necessary
- Remain current on training updates to include meetings, calls, and documentation
- Provide continuous feedback and/or recommendations to improve the training process
- Ensure Base and On-the-Job Trainers meet expectations consistently
- Ensure all commercial airline training is completed according to airline standards (if applicable)
- Conduct regular safety observations and champion safety through instruction and coaching of observations
- Collaborate with the location's assigned Regional Training Manager and Field Safety Manager routinely
- Other duties as assigned
- Perform personnel actions such as interviewing, hiring, scheduling, training, and appraising new hire performance
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 5-7 years of operational experience
Additional knowledge and skills:
- Must possess a valid US driver's license
- Language Ability: Read and comprehend documents such as standard operating procedures. Ability to write simple correspondence and routine reports. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small groups of team members within the organization.
- Critical Thinking / Reasoning Ability: Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Decision-Making Authority: Ongoing supervision is provided on an 'as needed' basis. Some independent judgment is necessary to select and apply the most appropriate procedures.
Pay ranges vary based on multiple factors, including, without limitation, skill sets, education, shift worked, responsibilities, seniority, geographical market, merit, output, productivity, prior training or experience, and travel. The pay starting rate for this position is $68K to $90K /year, per the collective bargaining agreement.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/VetsAbout Us
From your health to your financial wellness, there are several benefits for you and your family when joining Signature Aviation.
- Medical/prescription drug, dental, and vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Accident Insurance
- Identity Theft and Legal Services
- Paid time off
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training and Development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) & Perks