Purpose of Position
- The Manager, Endpoint Services is responsible for leading a team of Supervisors, Engineers, and technicians to ensure high quality project implementation, administration, documentation, and maintenance of the Endpoint Management Platforms and Windows Workstation/Apple Mac environments at NetJets.
- The Endpoint Configuration Manager consults with personnel across internal teams, as well as other information technology areas to coordinate.
- This position must be active in partnering with architecture for researching and proposing industry best practices with respect to stability and security of our environment. This includes working with peers and leadership to drive decisions.
- The Manager, Endpoint Services is also a key partner with the Cyber Security team to ensure the Endpoint Configuration team and End User Technology teams are following Cyber Security policies and direction as well as ensuring the Cyber Security team is aware of progress of work and identified risks. This includes implementing plans of action to mitigate discovered risks and use automation where appropriate.
- This resource will also be responsible for preparing activity and progress reports regarding the activities of the platforms and processes they support.
- As a people manager, the Manager, Endpoint Services reviews and evaluates work and prepares performance reports, confers with, and advises subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods, and plays a significant role in maturing information technology best practices.
- The Manager, Endpoint Services, is responsible for end to end deliver of hardware assessment, prep, delivery, triage, break/fix, and disposal. This includes the overall health of the end user technology in the NetJets environment to include base imaging, hardware drivers, software packaging, package deployment, application updates, OS patching, and Cyber compliance.
Tasks And Responsibilities
- Project oversight and guidance to large-scale, complex solutions often involving multiple internal and external team members.
- Ensures end results are of the highest quality with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit and ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and scope.
- Provide thought leadership and project coordination through assignments of work to appropriate team members based on skill and ability.
- Manage a team of technical resources.
- Optimize team with a blend of internal FTEs and external consultants to ensure projects are adequately staffed. Ensure knowledge transfer and training for the team.
- Responsible for ensuring the team delivers on projects with clear expectations for both business stakeholders and technical team members.
- Partner with various IT teams and the business to ensure that the Endpoint Configuration team is providing solutions that enable or enhance end user capabilities. This includes researching new technologies (hardware / software / SaaS), ensuring those technologies meet the needs, is supportable, and develop a implementation/lifecycle plan.
- Establish measurable individual and team goals, with direct reports, that align with organizational and personal growth goals.
- Evaluation of work performance and provide constant feedback on performance based on job description and goals, both individual and team. This includes quarterly meetings for documented goal review and annual performance assessments.
- Develops, manages and optimizes the project budget, forecasts and expenditures related to Endpoint Services.
- Provides related tactical and long-range financial planning and analysis and ensures team adheres to time and metric’s tracking.
Bachelor's in Information Technology
Certifications and Licenses
Years Of Experience
6-8 years of experience
Strives For Positive Results
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities And Other (KSAOs)
- Minimum of 4-6 years proven experience managing a team of IT technical professionals and complex project delivery
- Minimum of 8-10 years experience in a engineering role, or equivalent experience
- Technical knowledge of deployment services to include: SCCM, Jamf, Microsoft suite of software, Windows, Dell tools, Microsoft / AWS cloud, Apple Mac/iOS, client support software (remote support and monitoring), and common end user/server hardware technologies
- Experience with managing teams responsible for Hybrid cloud environments, Intune, and Microsoft Autopilot is a plus
- Demonstrate ability for planning and executing large scale, highly complex initiatives
- IT / facilities experience with new site development a plus
- Excel in collaboration, leadership and building strong, effective teams
- Strong verbal & written communication skills; able to relay technical concepts to a business audience.
- Consistently looking to drive for results
- Proven experience delegating and managing project tasks across organizational boundaries.
- Strong project management experience with the ability to define clear expectations that meet deadlines and budgets.
- Strong problem-solving and logical thinking skills, able to absorb and relate to new technical concepts quickly and build on knowledge learned.
- Results-oriented individual with strong problem-solving, influencing, consensus building and negotiating skills.
- Excellent listening, questioning, and customer service skills.
- Ability to organize information, efficiently manage time, and balance multiple priorities.