Continuous Improvement Specialist II in GAC Savannah
Looking for a Continuous Improvement person with experience in a service center type environment desired. Person with aerospace experience desired. Experience with business case analysis, process inprovement and data collection and reduction preferred..
Education And Experience Requirements
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 5 years related professional work experience. Manufacturing (ME), Industrial (IE), or Quality (QE) Engineering or like experience preferred.. Six Sigma Green Belt preferred. Position Purpose
:The Lean Six Sigma (LSS) initiative is a major tool in Gulfstreams continuous improvement strategy. The Continuous Improvement Specialist II, under minimal supervision, independently works to instill the principles of operational excellence within their assigned areas. They lead, instruct, and coach others in the application of lean methodologies. The CI Specialist II provides managers with professional support in their continuous improvement implementation.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:Essential Functions:
- Responsible for assisting management in planning and coordination of activities related to Lean implementation.
- Coaches managers and teams in the application of the principles of operational excellence.
- Key resource to functional area(s) in identifying and defining projects by value stream/critical metric events that are high value opportunities for improvement. .
- Prepare, conduct, and evaluate analyses, for planning improvements, strategies and problem solving that impacts company decisions. .
- Facilitate Value Proposition activities for project and action definition. .
- Provides management with status updates through feedback and appropriate reporting on assigned projects, kaizen events, and CI participation. .
- With minimal supervision, leads and manages projects and kaizen events across multiple organizations. Decision and problem solutions with medium risk, may affect dept./section/other areas objectives. .
- Provide project support for designated site Lean Specialists/ME/IE, in the area of documentation, the Lean toolset and facilitation. .
- Responsible for developing necessary continuous improvement training material and instructing training sessions.
- Support all Safety, Sustainability and Ergonomic Initiatives. .
- Duties of Continuous Improvement Specialist. .
Perform other duties as assigned.Other Requirements:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Lean methodologies such as 6S, JIT, SMED, KanBan, VSM, One Piece Flow, etc. and/or Six Sigma process variation, DFM (Design for Manufacturing) concepts.
- Proven track record of developing process improvement project plans and leading teams and individuals to implement and drive projects resulting in bottom line, measurable, hard cost savings.
- Proven ability to gather and analyze data and work with teams and individuals to develop and achieve measurable goals on time and on budget.
- Proven ability to train, mentor, and develop others in all the activities listed above.
Requisition Number: 215159
Category: Quality Assurance
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
Posting End Date: 10/02/2023
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Copyright © 2020 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft