Job Title: Dosimetry Specialist - Faslane
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh, UK
Compensation: £28,000 - £31,000 depending on experience + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF51279
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Dosimetry Specialist at Faslane, Helensburgh
As a Dosimetry Specialist, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. Your role will include ensuring that radiation doses accrued by personnel at HMNB Clyde are controlled, recorded and minimised in accordance with the ALARP (as low as reasonably practicable) principle.
Day to day, you’ll manage the Dosimetry Management system ensuring that the requirements of the Ionising Radiation Regulations 2017 (IRR17) are met.
• Implementation of the Company Safety, Quality and Environmental policies in the Dosimetry area of the business ensuring that assessments of risks are carried out which lead to safe working attitudes and practices.
• Compilation of Annual Dosimetry Reports and other periodic reports as required.
• Ensure that the Procedure Authorisation Group is made aware of any discrepancies between dose estimates and actual doses.
• Provide clear and robust advice, direction and training to all those with responsibility for complying with safety management arrangements.
Essential experience of the Dosimetry Specialist,
• Site Operations
• Ionising Radiation Regulations 2017
• Regulatory bodies
• Dosimetry procedures and processes
• Safe Systems of Work Qualifications
• HNC in Relevant Engineering Discipline or Equivalent
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are me. This role is based on site at Faslane, Helensburgh
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level.
• Generous holiday allowance
• Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
• Employee share scheme
• Employee shopping savings portal
• Payment of Professional Fees
• Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
• Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
• ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.