ALX dnata is hiring a Cargo Supervisor at DFW Airport!
Pay rate up to $24.00/hr
* Weekly pay, 401K, paid time off, paid training and company uniforms *
We are “Reconnecting a Better World” through our best-in-class team of dedicated, passionate, and highly trained aviation professionals. We have been awarded “Ground Handler of the Year” for seven consecutive years and are committed to our Vision of being the world’s most admired air services provider. Led from our Global Headquarters in Dubai and with international and domestic operations spanning six continents, our Mission is to deliver the promises our customers make. If you’re looking for a highly rewarding career in aviation services, you’re looking for dnata!
dnata is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 129 airports. Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and flight catering services in 35 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 300 airline customers around the world. Each day, the company handles over 1,900 flights, moves over 8,500 tons of cargo, books over 16,000 hotel stays, and uplifts over 320,000 meals.
We offer premium cargo handling services for passenger belly cargo and freighter cargo. With best-in-class facilities and state-of-the- art cargo handling support technologies, our handling services are diligent and efficient. We move our customers’ cargo smoothly from one destination to another, tracking its progress.
Supervise, direct, coordinate the activities of ground crew in the loading, unloading, securing, and staging of cargo safely and securely by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
- Provide leadership to front-line teams and the operation.
- Ensure distribution of cargo space is maximized
- Calculate load weights for aircraft compartments
- Direct ground crew in loading/unloading, securing, or staffing of aircraft cargo
- Direct material handling and moving activities
- Ensure consistency on operational, service and product delivery
- Deliver expectations to the cargo lead as well as define roles and responsibilities in support of the various cargo functions
- Meet all Station Safety goals and processes, promote safety
- Assist in training of employees
- Provide guidance and direction, set performance standards and monitor performance
- Drive excellence through appropriate disciplines when needed
- Ensure compliance with company policies/rules, customer regulations
- Conducts oneself in such a way as to become the benchmark for the Station in integrity, fairness, personal attitude, and respect for others.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Can meet the Station’s attendance standards
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 1-2 Years Cargo Supervisor Experience
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose best outcomes
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Coordinate the work activities of others
- Proficiency with general computer systems/applications
- Must be flexible to work extended hours, when necessary, on short notice due to operational needs
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or twelve (12) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience