SkyWest Airlines is the career destination for more than 12,000 professionals who are literally "going places" with their careers.
SkyWest offers the best careers in the regional airline industry. SkyWest, Inc. was named one of "America’s Best Employers" by Forbes in 2022 and is committed to providing outstanding career opportunities for every team member.
While our business reputation is based upon our stability, operational and fiscal savvy, the true essence of SkyWest's success has always been our people. We operate in a customer-focused, team-based environment and provide limitless opportunities for dedicated individuals to move their careers in positive directions. Bring your positive attitude, skills and commitment to the SkyWest team and take your career to new heights! Primary Job Duties
Airport agents are primarily responsible for ensuring excellent customer service while performing a variety of tasks including but not limited to ticketing and re-booking passengers, boarding flights, assisting passengers with special needs, resolving customer concerns, and more.
As a SkyWest employee you’ll enjoy a variety of benefits such as worldwide flight benefits for you and your family, shift trade flexibility, 401(k) match, profit sharing, working in a great team atmosphere, and the potential to advance within the company.
- Load/unload customer luggage, airfreight, and company mail on/off aircraft
- Greet passengers, issue tickets, provide seat assignments, check baggage, board flights, assist customers that arrive without their luggage, and re-book passengers all in a prompt and friendly manner
- Escort passengers and special needs customers safely and courteously
- Marshal aircraft in and out of the ramp area
- Service aircraft as needed - dump the lavatory and clean aircraft between flights
- Other duties as assigned
Physical and Other Requirements
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a valid state-issued driver’s license
- High school diploma or completion of a GED
- Pass a background check
- Able to pass a Department of Transportation drug screening
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Basic knowledge of fundamental computer programs for record-keeping and baggage routing
- Comfortable working split - shifts
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation
- Adaptability to changing priorities and time management skills
- Strong teamwork and collaborations skills
- Flexible schedule allowing work during nights, weekends, and holidays
- Available for a 2 week (MON-FRI from 7 AM - 4 PM) Customer service training at the station within your first six months of hire
- Available for other 8 hour trainings which will certify you in baggage service, gate, operations, and cargo. Ranging from 1 to 4 days of 8 hour courses at the station
- This is a part-time position, starting at $17.00 an hour
Please complete the online application. Qualified applicants will be contacted.