Job title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Glascoed, South Wales
What You’ll Be Doing
- Create and maintain various process risk assessments (safe systems of work) to ensure all risks to process safety have been identified and are ALARP (as low as reasonably practicable)
- Planning and designing methods to improve efficiency and product quality by utilising Continuous Improvement (CI) tools and working as a member of a cross functional team
- Ensuring operational compliance to legislative standards e.g. ISO45001, ISO9001
- Working to improve equipment availability and capability, carry out OEE/OLE and process capability studies
- Supporting the site Continuous Improvement plan and manage identified business improvement projects
- Managing and supporting capital acquisition, engineering proposals, and provide estimated costs to achieve operational improvements and financial benefits
- Producing technical specifications for new/replacement equipment, carry out factory acceptance and installed article tests, and carry out trials and commissioning on process equipment
- Support to Operations on a daily basis for assigned process areas of responsibility
- Supporting Production Readiness Reviews in a timely manner to ensure production start-up in accordance with site manufacturing schedules
Your skills and experiences:
- Science / Engineering degree, HND, HNC or equivalent or Time served apprenticeship
- Ability to produce clear and concise written documentation i.e., Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Process Control Plans (PCP), and work instructions
- Relevant experience within a similar manufacturing environment, aerospace, automotive, process industry or chemical processing
- Excellent numeracy, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work confidently and competently as part of a wider cross-functional team
- Experience working in an energetics process environment
- SAP and Teamcenter experience
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Manufacturing Engineering Team
As a Manufacturing Engineering, you will ensure that production is kept running at the facility, supporting the research and development activities and providing support to the development of new products. This is your chance to join a global company with excellent opportunities for development and progression.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 26th February 2024
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.