Role IntroductionReports To:
Becoming a brand-led organisation is core to Cathay’s strategy, thus placing the brand team at the heart of the company. We ensure that we remain true to our brand – lighting it up at every opportunity; amplifying, enhancing and refining it across every customer and employee touchpoint. Every interaction that our customers and employees have with our brand influences their perception of it. We therefore work on a wonderfully diverse set of projects which will stimulate, challenge and reward any candidate deeply passionate about branding.
Under our brand platform Move Beyond, our purpose is to move people forward in life.
The brand team helps to translate this brand promise and strategy into everything that we do. We work with the insights team to really understand our targeted customers’ needs, desires and behaviours, translating the insights into our brand strategy and associated experience. We collaborate with the travel and lifestyle marketing teams to bring our brand strategy to life through interesting and experiential campaigns.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented Assistant Brand Manager, brimming with creative energy and a passion for branding. The role presents an incredible opportunity to make a significant mark on the full customer and employee experience, the company’s future as we position ourselves beyond just an airline brand but as a premium travel lifestyle brand, as well as your own branding career.
- Brand education
- The core purpose of this role- as an integral member of the Brand team, to be the brand ambassador and guardian and educate the business about our brand through a variety of means.
- With the brand manager, devise a brand education programme which targets key business areas, addresses core challenges, drives brand understanding and shapes brand behaviours.
- Personify and amplify the brand through different touchpoints and communications in both airline and lifestyle aspects.
- Work with cross‐functional teams to establish consistent branding across departments, products/services and communications to reflect our brand values.
- Distribute brand updates and showcase the work to improve brand awareness, understanding, excitement and passion across the business.
- Manage and maintain brand portal content.
- Ensure that insights collected from the business, through workshops and training sessions, are fed back to the Brand team.
- Manage and preserve the Group’s brand identity system.
- Bespoke and curated branded merchandise & collaterals development
- Work on merchandise strategy and development, delivering compelling products across aviation, travel, home, dining, and wellness.
- Create a compelling story for Cathay merchandise through effective narrative and consistent visual language ﴾graphic pattern, innovative packaging etc﴿. Ideas to elevate the unboxing experience and enhance customer's shopping journey.
- Identify new merchandise partners and evaluate the strategic partnership to fully leverage the co‐branding and build stronger brand awareness.
- Collaborate with a team of product designers in the design and development of branded merchandise and collaterals, working closely with marketing and commercial teams from ideation to design.
- Creative storytelling
- Work closely with our content team to craft compelling stories to raise awareness on our branded products.
- Work closely with our creative team to craft creative assets (imagery and videos) to raise awareness on our branded products.
- Brand strategy & research
- Assist the brand manager in this area and provide research on industry trends to support the brand strategy development.
- Crafting of presentations in PPT and translating data provided by insights team into insightful and meaningful supporting points.
- 4+ years’ experience in branding and/or customer experience design.
- Creative and design savvy, with natural alignment to Cathay’s design ethos.
- Full of energy and passion, talented at building rapport with a diverse group of people.
- Fantastic communicator, influencer and presenter.
- Speaks and acts with brand conviction.
- Places high value on customer insights and customer-centric design.
- Embraces and enjoys diversity by way of projects and stakeholders.
- Process-orientated, organised and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Works well under deadline pressure.
- High attention to detail.
- Holds oneself to high standards and takes pride in quality of work.
- Bachelor’s degree in brand, design, communications, art or similar field.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating ability to generate and develop concepts, seeing them through to final product.
- An absolute lover of travel and all that it represents.
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.