We are currently looking to recruit a Financial Accountant for our gateretail Turkish operation
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for all aspects of Gate Retail Turkey (GRT) financial accounting and statutory reporting. He/she will focus on the preparation of the monthly VAT returns and quarterly corporate tax calculations. The Financial Accountant will also prepare the monthly balance sheet reconciliations, annual budget and forecast preparations. He/she will act as a valued adviser to the Retail Finance Director, Financial Controller, Assistant Financial Controller and Commercial Accounts team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly VAT Returns (VAT1 and VAT2)
- Preparation of the monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets and monthly forecasts
- Complete quarterly corporate tax returns (CIT)
- Manage Intercompany matching & reconciliation
- Maintain controls over e-ledger, e-invoice and e-delivery note submissions
- Ensure internal controls are followed as part of daily routine
- Work with Accounts Payable to ensure accurate coding and processing of relevant invoices
- ZBB Reporting, Budgeting and Analysis
- Recommend methods and strategies for cost management and reduction
- Multi-Currency reconciliation of DTP debtors - cash/credit card receipts and driving improvements to the process.
- Maintain all relevant records and provide support with External and Internal Audits.
- Conduct and support ad-hoc analysis and projects on issues throughout the Company as assigned
- Provide ad-hoc assistance with other finance projects as and when required
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement of processes
- Liaise with external financial and legal advisors to ensure local compliance in Turkey
- Master’s degree preferred - Business, Economics, Math or Engineering
- ACCA/CIMA or local accounting qualified is strongly preferred
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in a similar role with experience of reviewing reports (BS/P&L) and analysing trends
- Experience in Intercompany reconciliation
- Experience with SAP and HFM is preferred
- Exposure to multi-currency FX calculations desired
- Knowledge of relevant accounting terms and concepts
- Experience of the preparation of forecasts and budgets
- Good understanding of Business strategy & methodology
- Understanding of International Accounting Standards (desirable)
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Use of accounting software (SAP/HFM – desirable)
- Advanced Excel (lookups/pivot tables)
Language / Communication Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Knowledge of Turkish language preferred
Please send your CV and salary expectations in English only as the Recruitment Team for this role are UK based.
Please note that candidates must have the right to live and work in Serbia. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.