Are You Ready for take-off?
An exciting opportunity for a Trade Assistant is available at Alliance Airlines, Brisbane within our Line Maintenance team. You will be a motivated self-starter who thrives working in a dynamic environment. In return, we offer a role in an exciting and fast-paced organisation where development opportunities are endless.
What We’re Looking For
The Trade Assistant is responsible for assisting the daily operations of the line maintenance team for Alliance Airlines at Brisbane Airport. You will actively participate in routine general tasks to support the Line Engineering and Stores Departments, providing continuous support to ensure optimal presentation of all maintenance areas as instructed. You must be willing to work a rotating shift work roster to be considered.
The Trade Assistant in responsible for, but not limited to:
- Maintain a clean working environment at all times including engineering facilities, offices, break rooms the emptying of bins and removal of oil cans.
- Restocking and identification of expired items within the line maintenance area
- Setting up of stairs and Ground Power Unit (GPU) for Crew training and prepositioning.
- Picking parts & tooling for scheduled work packs.
- Delivering AOG or required parts to line engineers.
- General aircraft condition checks during lay ups. Cleaning interiors including cockpit, fixing tray tables and minor cabin defects.
- Perform general assistance for aircraft engineering tasks as required under supervision.
- Provide aircraft towing and brake riding assistance in support of line and hangar maintenance
- Inspections of safety and lifting equipment
- Inspect and maintain all fluid storage drums are either empty or stored in required area outside for collection or bunding.
- Maintain all access equipment daily inspections are up to date
- Ensure Workplace Inspection Checklist are completed and filed
To Be Successful
- Manual driver’s license
- Ability to hold: Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- Ability to hold: Category 2 Authority to Drive Airside (ADA)
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to carry out tasks as instructed and show initiative
- Ability to communicate and work with others
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and in a team focussed environment
- Demonstrated commitment to Alliance values – Safety & Performance
Alliance is Australasia’s leading provider of contract, charter and allied aviation and maintenance services currently employing more than 1,400 staff.
Alliance has world leading operational performance, a key attribute sought by its customers. We are proud to be known as Australia’s leading FIFO charter operator with a history of delivering the highest standards of safety, reliability, and operational performance for our clients.
The Company has operational bases in Brisbane, Townsville, Cairns, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin, Alice Springs, Melbourne and Rockhampton.
Alliance’s core philosophy is to provide safe and economical solutions – solutions that other aircraft charter operators may not be able to provide. Although we have grown rapidly, we know the importance of responding quickly to our clients' requests and understand the need to meet both short and long-term requirements.
At Alliance Airlines, we make it happen!
If this sounds like the ideal role for you and you have the skills we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you. Apply today.
**COVID safe practices will be complied with throughout the Alliance recruitment process and all applicants must also comply.**
All candidates must have full working rights within Australia
, only candidates with a right to work in Australia will be considered. We thank you for your application however, due to the volume of applicants only successful applicants will be contacted.
Alliance Airlines is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We are a merit-based organisation that supports local communities to offer long term sustainable employment based on delivering a safe aviation operation.