Purpose of Position
The Billing Analyst utilizes NetJets resources, personal experience, and knowledge of the Owner and NetJets to plan and execute error-free Owner invoices (99.93% accuracy metric) for light/mid cabin Owners. Research Owner requests and identify appropriate options, guidance and recommendations to meet their needs. Always provide timely, acurate and complete communication, invoices and reports. This includes preparing invoices to include documentation according to their preferences and ensuring all their special requirements are correct. The Billing Analyst should be a personal invoicing advisor to each Owner. Gather and apply knowledge of the individual Owner needs before and after the invoicing process by anticipating and resolving issues that may impact the Owner. Serve as a single NetJets point of contact for the Owner as it relates to invoicing, on-line billpay and accounting. The Billing Analyst acts as a NetJets program specialists by providing assistance, consulting and training on new and existing products to non-billing teams i.e, Accounts Receivable, Sales, Legal and Owner Services. Advises internal/external customers regarding account activities. Responsible for providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers and maintaining excellent working relationships with Owners and other departments and companies within the NetJets organization. The Billing Analyst understands and explains basic contractual, Federal Aviation regulations, tax regulations and other potential impacts to the Owner experience.Tasks And Responsibilities
- Responsible for compiling Owner flight activity and service documentation to analyze and determine appropriate invoice charges for assigned region/product(s); Applies and approves invoice adjustments. Reviews owner account contracts to ensure invoice charges and adjustments are in compliance with contractual obligations and align with company guidelines and policies. Gathers information from Case Management and other supporting documentation to determine appropriate invoice adjustments and approvals per revenue policy.
- Prepares and distributes invoices in accordance to contractual agreements, billing cycle periods, and company guidelines. Ensures processes comply with regulatory requirements (i.e. FAA, IRS, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.).Maintains up-to-date customer records.
- Effectively communicates with internal and external customers regarding contractual account and invoice inquires (i.e. contract changes, contractual language, program hours, fee calculations, etc.)and is considered a first point-of-contact regarding many of these items; partners with other department liaisons to triage problem resolution and resolve customer complaints. Advises internal/external customers regarding account activities and cost saving opportunities.
- Prepares customized owner account reports. Prepares reports for quality review and validates invoicing information (i.e. hours-utilized, rates, etc.), identifies trends, and reports any abnormal variances. Makes recommendations regarding report findings. Ensures invoice documentation is in compliance with contractual agreements. Maintains and updates invoice archives.
- Note: It is not possible to list all required job duties on this form. There may be other important duties assigned, depending on the position. For a full list of essential job functions, please refer to the essential functions worksheet for that position.
Bachelor's in Business Administration or FinanceCertifications and Licenses
Years Of Experience
2-4 years of experienceCore Competencies
Strives for Positive ResultsKnowledge, Skills, Abilities And Other (KSAOs)
- Understanding of basic invoicing practices, processes, and procedures
- Knowledge of financial analysis, invoice statements, basic accounting practices
- Knowledge of airline charter contract language as it relates to invoice generation and/or accounts receivables is desired
- Verbal and written communication skills needed to interact effectively with both internal and external customers
- Strong customer service skills to build and manage professional relationships with internal and external customers
- Interpersonal and negotiating skills; application of dispute resolution techniques
- Ability to partner with internal department liaisons to recommend and implement solutions
- Good attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Proficient in analyzing financial to provide advice and make recommendations based on discrepancies, trends, etc.
- Efficient in operating personal computer and business software including Microsoft Excel at intermediate level
- Normal work office environment
- Standard work hours (i.e. 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.). May be required to adjust work hours as needed