Edmonton, AB (YEG)Posting Open Date:
09/18/2023Posting Close Date:
10/02/2023 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm MST
Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we're going global.Join us and love where you’re going.
The Technical Operations team at WestJet is peopled with the best technical and maintenance personnel in the airline industry. Avionics Technicians (AVTs) are ambitious, hard-working and serious about their jobs. The people of Technical Operations have an eye for detail and safety, and for keeping their jobs fun and exciting. AVT’s at WestJet have the skills and the integrity to ensure that all our guests fly in the safety and comfort anywhere in WestJet's world.What you will bring to the team:
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
- Must hold a valid Transport Canada (E) license
- Proven technical aptitude, minimum 5-years’ experience and/or endorsed on 737, 787 and/or Q400 preferred
- Strong troubleshooting and time management skills
- Excellent ability to multitask and handle changing priorities under extreme pressure
- Ability to make sound and safe decisions, while following documented policies and procedures
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Commitment to teamwork and working in a safety-oriented atmosphere
- Mature approach to work by taking ownership and responsibility if stressful situations should arise
- Travel- AOG Trips/Base Coverage, Shift work/Over Time, and working outside
- Experience with electrical, navigation and flight controls required
- Physically fit
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
About WestJet Group Of Companies
Together with WestJet's regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet's operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet's Alcohol and Drug Policy. Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Talent Acquisition team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.
For more information about everything WestJet, please visit WestJet.com