Job Title: Specialist, Integration/Test Engineer
Job Req: IMS20232908-105314
Job Location: Broussard, LA
Schedule: 9/80 with 25% travel
As a Specialist Integration/Test Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the performance of all components of Unmanned Surface Vehicles to meet program technical, schedule and cost objectives. In support of system design activities, this position will be responsible for testing and/or integration of COTS-based systems from the system design phase through development, documentation, installation, and commissioning of the completed system. Testing responsibilities may include analyzing requirements for testability issues. Develops and implements both hardware and software system level test programs, plans, specifications, procedures, and customer acceptance. You will be responsible for executing program test & evaluation program plans, leading test working groups and test readiness reviews, and conducting testability and producibility analyses and reviews. As a Test and Evaluation Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the successful development and validation of our cutting-edge products. If you have a passion for problem-solving, an eye for detail, and a strong background in testing and evaluation, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Typical duties and responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement comprehensive test plans, procedures, and methodologies for new and existing products, ensuring they meet the highest quality standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including design engineers and project managers, to define test objectives and performance criteria for various projects.
- Design and set up test environments, equipment, and instrumentation required for conducting tests and evaluations accurately and efficiently.
- Analyze test data, identify trends, and provide insightful recommendations to improve product performance and reliability.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose complex technical problems during the testing process, working closely with the engineering team to resolve issues promptly.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of test procedures, results, and observations, ensuring clear documentation for future reference and reporting.
- Stay up to date with industry best practices, technological advancements, and emerging trends in test and evaluation methodologies.
- Continuously evaluate and enhance the efficiency of testing processes and procedures to streamline testing timelines without compromising quality.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards, regulations, and safety protocols in all testing activities.
- Reviewing, screening, and tracking to resolution testing deficiencies and trial cards.
- Creating test agendas and event schedules and leading test readiness review meetings
- Providing input to Integrated Master Schedule and test program to ensure testing requirements can be managed in the contractual time allotted.
- Traveling to various testing locations both on and offshore to support integration, dockside testing, and at sea trials of Unmanned Surface Vessels.
- Bachelor’s Degree relevant to the industry and minimum 8 years prior related experience or Graduate Degree relevant to the industry with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience. In lieu of a degree, 10 years of relevant experience.
- U.S. Citizenship required. Candidates must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Proven experience as a Test and Evaluation Engineer or in a similar testing role, ideally supporting Unmanned Surface Vehicles or other autonomous platforms.
- Strong understanding of testing principles, methodologies, and tools, including test planning, execution, and analysis.
- Proficiency in using various testing equipment and software tools for data acquisition and analysis.
- Solid knowledge of relevant industry standards and regulations related to testing and evaluation, preferably those specified by the American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) and NAVSEA.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to think critically and creatively.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on precision and accuracy in testing and documentation.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, to convey technical information to diverse audiences.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and also independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and professional development in the field of test and evaluation engineering.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting engineering drawings, schematics, and technical specifications.
- Prior experience in shipbuilding or the maritime industry.
- Familiarity with mechanical and electromechanical systems and how they operate.
- Ability to travel up to 25% annually to support integration, dockside testing, and at sea trials of Unmanned Surface Vessels.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Experience dealing with Supervisor of Shipbuilding (SupShip), American Bureau of Shipping, DoD / Navy or related customer experience highly desired.
- Experience managing production programs involving the build, integration, and testing of electronic and/or electromechanical systems.
- Shipyard construction or ship operations experience is highly desired.
- Ability to adapt processes and procedures to align with site scope.
- Experience with source inspection and surveillance activities at suppliers/subcontractors.
- Prior experience working with unmanned or autonomous systems in a technical role.