Role IntroductionReports to:
Lounge Service Duty Manager
The job holder will monitor our lounge front of house operations and ensure services extended to our valuable customers are of the highest standard which complies with Cathay Pacific’s and our customer airlines’ established requirements at Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA).
- Supervise front of house team. Deliver excellent customer service for customers in accordance to company and legal standards relating to service, food safety, health and safety.
- Work with Lounge Service Delivery Manager and Premium Service Team (PST) to deliver personalised and memorable experiences for premium customers and VIPs.
- Be responsible for F&B presentation, quality and speed of F&B and service delivery, hygiene standards, stock-taking, stock handling, financial procedures as per company and legal requirements.
- Ensure buffet and stock levels of all front of house items are properly maintained and replenished.
- Support performance management and development of front of house team including training, coaching, wellbeing, grooming, planning and delegating daily tasks to team.
- Liaise and collaborate with back of house team on daily operations and other issues as required.
- Engage with customers to ensure a great experience.
- Deal with customer complaints, escalate as and when required.
- Liaise with back of house teams on daily operations, food safety and quality control.
- Deliver quality pre-shift briefings.
- Seek ways to enhance quality of lounge experience e.g. through cost efficiency, innovation, technology, and support any relevant initiatives.
- Work with PST Service Excellence Leads on flight-specific duties e.g. handling VIP, providing support pertaining to lounge for customers and HKIA team in face of operational issues / disruptions.
- Support other lounges as and when required.
- Handle tasks as directed by Lounge Service Duty Managers and management e.g. support operational / health and safety audits, handle ad-hoc incidents / accidents, attend meetings, implement engagement activities.
- Be abreast of hospitality/ lounge industry trends and customer insights, suggest positive changes when applicable.
- Right to work in Hong Kong
- Minimum age of 18
- Post-secondary qualifications.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in lounge operations, catering hospitality, fine dining, sizeable luxury hotel or similar capacity.
- Polished communication skills with fluent spoken and written English and Chinese (Cantonese and Putonghua).
- Strong leadership and people management capabilities.
- Strong problem solving skills and resilience to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills with flair in delivering service excellence.
- Able to work shift duties including overnight shifts.
- Being part of a world-class service brand to be proud of
- World-class training and structured career progression path
- A safe and collaborative working environment which embraces a diverse and inclusive culture
- Extensive medical coverage & insurance scheme for you and your dependents
- Flexible retirement scheme
- Discounted travel across many airlines for you and your family
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.