Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Working under the direction of the IFS and FOPs Crew Tower Leads, the Crew Tower Subject Matter Expert (SME) is the definitive source of knowledge, technique, or expertise in Crew Scheduling. The SME functions as the organizational ambassador for their knowledge area and applies their expertise to support the Ops Renewal project for Crew.
Key Functions & Accountabilities:
- The SME understands, articulates, documents crew module requirements.
- The SME actively participates in the scoping, development, testing and implementation of the module solutions and validates the final product satisfies the defined requirements.
- The SME is an active participant of all project workgroups, modules, and associated project towers, with the need for specialized knowledge for topics including but not limited to:
- Crew Tracking
- Crew Scheduling
- Crew Planning
- Crew Pay
- Rules both contractual and regulatory.
- The SME defines, builds, coordinates system testing (functional, regression, and UAT).
- The SME participates and executes testing of each of the solutions modules for accuracy and usability, provides feedback to the project team.
- The SME creates / reviews documentation, such as user guides, training manuals and system specifications, prior to distribution to end-users and ensures the subject is accurately represented.
- Travel may be required.
- University degree or college diploma preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Crew Scheduling operations and processes.
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years of experience in Crew Scheduling.
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and verbal.
- Able to work in a team and produce quality output under tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated with attention to detail.
- Quick learner with a positive attitude.
- An empowered team member, a process-oriented thinker.
- Strong computer skills with competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrates analytical “out of the box” critical thinking and solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Bilingualism in French is an asset.
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.