Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Linguistic Services L&D Manager, the Linguistic Services Specialist will be responsible for the implementation of new processes and multimodal learning programs across multiple branches (including Official Languages). The incumbent will be supporting the Language Training department in managing the various operational aspects and in leading knowledge management & training projects.
- Responsible for overseeing the linguistic mailbox & provide specialized, technical guidance for the enrolment tool on LMS (Saba), and recommend & develop processes to improve existing workflow
- Responsible for participating in the assessment of new technologies and platforms, and recommending how to effectively leverage them for different user groups (e.g., instructors, employees, third-party vendors, and the Linguistics teams)
- Under the guidance of the Linguistic Services L&D Manager, lead the implementation of the annual communications plan and use of the Linguistic Forum Viva Engage account
- Elaborate and develop strategies to increase reach & engagement, in line with departmental goals
- Takes ownership of building and maintaining a calendar of upcoming events for Language Training & Official Languages
- Responsible for drafting, adjusting, and maintaining communications/presentations related to Language Training and Official Languages to support annual open house and training events
- Create and maintain monthly & ad hoc reports to provide preliminary analysis of Language Training program status
- Analyze needs and collaborate with SMEs to design learning modules and materials using a variety of multimedia applications (e.g., Articulate, Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Ensure creativity when designing and developing (or recommending) learning materials such as scripts, text, graphics, audio, video, animation, gaming and multimedia to support learning needs
- Accountable for maintaining various knowledge management projects for multiple teams (including Language Training and Official Languages), and recommending best practices for KM solutions
- Contribute in the development of new processes and ensure gaps in program delivery are identified & addressed as early as possible
- University degree, preferably in Education, Education Technology or equivalent experience
- Three to five years of experience with similar tasks
- Experience working with and troubleshooting EdTech applications, including video conferencing platforms (Teams, Zoom), content authoring tools (Articulate), knowledge/project management tools (Jira, Confluence) and LMS (Saba Cornerstone), would be an asset
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization
Conditions of Employment:
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.