Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Cargo Sales Manager - Germany is responsible for all sales and customer service activities in Germany. The main purpose of this role is to ensure revenue and cost targets and sales objectives are being met.
- Establish and execute the Cargo sales & marketing strategy in the assigned territory
- Negotiate cargo sales contracts
- Monitor sales accounts performance and revenue - Take appropriate corrective actions
- Monitor pricing and distribution
- Increase cargo sales by developing strong commercial relationship with key business partners such as Freight forwarders, Local and international carriers, Trucking companies, Government agencies, chambers of commerce, Logistics and sales departments of industrial companies
- Maintain accurate market and customer databases
- Local market analysis of competitor’s action (pricing, incentives, product, etc.)
- Utilize Salesforce to manage customer contacts
- Cargo sales office administration & budget management (follow up of expenses and revenue, budget monitoring, etc.)
- Communicate with Senior Cargo Management on local cargo sales matters
- Work in close collaboration with other Air Canada departments
- Represent Air Canada at sales events, workshops, etc. as appropriate
- Self-motivated, autonomous, organized and results oriented personality
- Strong communication (written & oral) and presentation skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Post graduate degree or diploma in Sales – Marketing background is an asset
- Previous experience in cargo sales (5 years minimum)
- Strong sales skills and excellent commercial sense
- Leadership & Strong Management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer literate
- Good knowledge of Freighter Aircrafts is an important asset.
- Good knowledge of cargo IT systems
- Driver’s license
- Office based with a need to travel extensively
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Fluent in German and English, French is an asset
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted