Howmet Engines seeks a Procurement Buyer! This position reports to the Plant Procurement Lead and is ideally based out of the Tempcraft facility in Cleveland, OH. However, we are open to other locations such as Winsted, CT, Branford, CT, Wichita Falls, TX, La Porte, IN, Hampton, VA, Whitehall, MI, or Dover, NJ. This position will support our plants in Cleveland, Winsted and Branford, so travel between sites will be required.
The Procurement Buyer supports the Plant & Segment Procurement Team, on relevant Procurement activities, measures and operational activities in the execution of procurement strategies. Performance areas include Cost Savings (SRT), Supplier performance, ASAT testing, Audit support, and Transactional support. The overall goal is the best possible support of the Plant Procurement team to achieve the best cost position of the respective Business Unit plant, while supporting the optimal collaboration of BU Plant Procurement to achieve best procurement results.Primary Responsibilities
- Supports all relevant Segment Procurement Operations functions
- Works in close conjunction and alignment with other applicable Casting Facilities
- Assists on benchmarking efforts, should-be-cost analyses and business cases
- Supports the Segment Team Procurement in planning and monitoring suppliers, ASAT, etc..
- Creates, develops and accounts for tools and templates to simplify and streamline efficient communication between team members as well as efficient execution on all procurement-related tasks
- Supports internal and external communication on procurement tasks and goals
- Serves as help desk and support function on high yield procurement activities, e.g. supplier summits
- Communicates with suppliers on operational topics and supports negotiations and RfQs/RfPs in close alignment with the Strategic Buyers
- Participates in supplier meetings as needed
- Liaises with Financial Shared Services to resolve purchase to pay issues
- Work with and support other buyer/planners or operations staff to execute purchase orders, solve AP issues & communicate with suppliers as needed
- Interface with other departments (Shipping, Processing, Engineering, Quality) to resolve problems with timely resolution
- Helps to ensure that Global Procedures, quality and the standards for the department are adhered to and maintained
- Interface with other Buyers as well as production to resolve problems relevant to direct materials and services, raw material quality, quantity verification and delivery in support of production demands
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three (3) years of experience in procurement or purchasing management
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire
- Bachelor's degree in business administration/economics, supply chain or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement processes, especially purchase-to-pay (operational)
- Technical understanding is preferred
- Proficiency in data-mining and software applications is highly desired
- Strong Communication and negotiation skills
- Customer-oriented focus
- Oracle experience is desired
About Howmet Aerospace
Howmet Aerospace Inc. (NYSE: HWM), headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company’s sales for 2022 approximated $5.7 billion. The Company’s primary businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening systems, titanium structural parts and forged wheels. With nearly 1,150 granted and pending patents, the Company’s differentiated technologies promote more fuel efficiency for aircraft and commercial transportation. For more information, visit www.howmet.com , including content shared during the Company’s May 2022 Technology Day.
Follow: LinkedIn , Twitter , Instagram , Facebook , and YouTube .Howmet is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email TalentAcquisitionCoE_Howmet@howmet.com
About The Team
The Howmet engines business produces world-class aerospace engine components, including investment castings, fasteners, rings and forgings. Our vacuum melted superalloys, machining, performance coatings and hot isostatic pressing for high performance parts enable the next generation of quieter, cleaner and more fuel-efficient aerospace engines. Able to supply more than 90% of structural and rotating aerospace engine components.