Calgary, AB (YYC)Posting Open Date:
09/15/2023Posting Close Date:
09/29/2023 (Please note the posting will close at 9:59pm MST
Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we're going global.Join us and love where you’re going.
This is a hybrid position; you will be required to work at the WestJet Campus in Calgary approximately 2 days / week.
WestJet is currently seeking an Accountant - Treasury
to support our Corporate Accounting team. Working closely with fellow Finance team members, this role is responsible for various aspects of the treasury accounting cycle. Key deliverables include:
Experience and Qualifications:
- Perform detailed daily accounting and reporting activities on a recurring basis to support an accurate and timely period-end close, including:
- Performing weekly and month-end bank reconciliations for our main operating accounts, including reconciling daily revenue credit card transactions
- Following up with various Finance team members on outstanding cash transactions
- Posting accruals, reclasses and other journal entries
- Actively partner with Treasury Operations team to analyze and investigate bank reconciliation variances, and evolving treasury reporting changes
- Continuously improve processes and procedures to evolve month-end deliverables alongside technology and operational changes
- Be an active member of the Finance team; willing to brainstorm issues and be flexible in completing any task
- Ensure compliance with C-Sox requirements, including maintaining and improving controls documentation and processes
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
- Completion of a post-secondary degree
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in an accounting or finance role, with progressive levels of responsibility
- Completion of or working towards completion of a professional accounting designation (CPA) would be considered an asset
- Skilled at dealing with large volumes of activity and data, and handling multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Excel proficiency and a keen interest in learning new technology
- Possess strong communication skills to build collaborative relationships with internal partners
- Proficiency in JDE or other similar ERP experience would be considered an asset
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, with a strong desire for continuous improvement
- Ability to handle pressure and meet tight timelines
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
About WestJet Group Of Companies
Together with WestJet's regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet's operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet's Alcohol and Drug Policy. Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Talent Acquisition team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.
For more information about everything WestJet, please visit WestJet.com