Calgary, AB (YYC)Posting Open Date:
09/15/2023Posting Close Date:
09/25/2023 (Please note the posting will close at 9:59pm MST
Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we're going global.Join us and love where you’re going.
This is a hybrid position; you will be required to work at the WestJet Campus in Calgary approximately 2 days / week
The Team Lead, Westjet Vacations (WVI) - Payment Services
will supervise and guide a team responsible for payables and vendor data master. The Team Lead is responsible for addressing issues and inquires as it relates to vendor invoices, aging invoices, credits, payments, and vendor data records. Incumbent is responsible for aligning individual performance expectations with organizational goals, training, coaching, and managing employee performance. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Payment Services.Responsibilities:
Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Lead team operations with respect to daily tasks and responsibilities and support optimal levels of performance and workload prioritization.
- Guide and mentor team members; actively participate in their development, goal setting and performance feedback.
- Assess and implement operational improvements to processes including opportunities for automation or efficiency through technology. Ensure procedure documentation is current.
- Proactively partner with internal business functions to address issues impacting WVI AP operations, suppliers, and payment issues.
- Maintain the integrity of internal controls, process adherence and implement new procedures to mitigate payment or control risk. Supports internal and external audit requirements.
- Utilize metrics to monitor/adjust workloads and areas requiring operational improvement.
- Assists with recruitment of new hires and on-boarding. Manages training program with employee and progress assessment.
- Key contact for system / technical upgrades and UAT testing
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
- Bachelor’s degree in business/commerce, preference given to Accounting or Finance.
- 5 years in Accounts Payable and best practices
- 3 years minimum supervisory experience
- Systems experience -ERP JDE preferred, Travel Reservations System i.e., SoftVoyage/TTS, is an asset.
- Experience with internal controls and process improvement
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and analytical ability
- Effective communication & people skills
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
About WestJet Group Of Companies
Together with WestJet's regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet's operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet's Alcohol and Drug Policy. Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Talent Acquisition team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.
For more information about everything WestJet, please visit WestJet.com