Job Title: Specialist, Proposal Management (Proposal Coordinator)
Job Code: SAS20230509-105695
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO or Remote
The Proposal Coordinator is an experienced professional with proficient knowledge of job area and practical knowledge of project management. Develops, plans and schedules proposals. Analyzes and interprets request for proposal (RFP) requirements and instructions. Compiles cost, schedule, and technical elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications. Researches and analyzes historical data, develops cost models to support proposal efforts. Coordinates activities and participates in fact-finding meetings. Participates in cost and pricing reviews with management and customer representatives. Participates as a member of the contract negotiating team
- May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area.
- May be responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area.
- May manage projects at this level with responsibility for the delegation of work and the review of others' work product.
- Communicates with contacts within and outside of own department and may occasionally have responsibility for communicating with parties external to the organization (e.g., customers, vendors, etc.).
- Explains and interprets processes and procedures to others within and outside the job area.
- May work to justify and gain cooperation regarding processes, practices and procedures.
- Work consists of making moderate enhancements or improvements to systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area.
- Opportunities for problem solving and innovation are general, and may require understanding of broader set of issues but typically are not complex.
- Problems may require understanding of other job areas.
- Problems are typically solved drawing from prior experiences, with analysis of the issues.
- Works to achieve operational targets with moderate impact on departmental results.
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects.
- Exerts some influence on the overall objectives of the project.
- Ensure compliance to bid process and make improvements when necessary.
- Support proposal activity by working with cross-functional teams, Enterprise Services, Program Managers, and Engineers
- Researches and analyses historical data, cost models to support reviews of quality Basis of Estimates (BOEs)
- Understand the premise of estimating and how it relates to the bidding process on a proposal
- Analyze and verify similar to and back-up data supporting BOEs and pricing documents for accuracy
- Coordinate final Management approval, production, and timely delivery to the customer
- Maintain proposal documents and supplementary data control and archive files
- Ability to document clear rationale in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong leadership skills and ability to drive change
- Customer focused and team player
- Problem solving skills and ability to navigate a matrix organization
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 8 years of prior related experience.
- 4 years professional experience with advanced Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and SharePoint
Preferred Additional Skills:
In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the salary range for this role is $57,500 - $106,500. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits, including health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.