Gate Gourmet Belgium NV is a part of the gategroup, the international leader in airline catering. Worldwide we have about 43.000 colleagues in over 60 countries where we offer our customers culinary excellence. The Brussels offices have been part of the group since end of 2020. However, we have been around since July 2002. Making us a staple at Brussels National airport. Currently we have about 470 people working for us in Belgium.
Currently we are looking for a Head of Supply Chain (M/F/X)
What are your main duties and responsibilities?
Ensure that the proper functioning of the Supply Chain (Procurement, Food Planning, Warehousing) and that goods are ordered, checked, received, organised, and delivered in a timely, correct, safe and cost-effective way.
- Overall Management for Supply Chain related functions (Procurement, Food Planning, Warehousing)
- Evaluate daily operations to optimize stocks (accuracy and usage) and order deliveries;
- Ensure the development and implementation of logistic processes that enable a frictionless operational process in cooperation with operational excellence and integrated business solutions;
- Ensure appropriate manpower planning based on requirements in the short, mid and long term;
- Ensure the proper usage and maintenance of the ERP system (WMS module, SAP);
- To facilitate and conduct audits and daily patrols (including audits of Safety Management System, quality and safety audits);
- Manage the department in accordance with safety, security, health, environmental and quality guidelines provided by corporate and local regulations and customer requirements.
- Ensure a timely and competitive management of the entire sourcing process ranging from selection of qualified suppliers to the negotiation and supplier transition management in order to assure a smooth running of all processes concerned;
- Ensure preparation of annual planning for procurement activities such as upcoming tenders, regular customer menu presentations and projects, resource planning in close coordination with the relevant interfaces;
- Ensure a constant analysis, evaluation and interaction with new and competitive or established suppliers in order to provide a sound overview on selected suppliers as well as best internal service while cost effective and address supplier issues;
- Negotiate contracts with key suppliers based on defined pricing structures and introduce procedures to monitor and enhance ongoing performance of suppliers; steer the contracting processes with them;
- Ensure the development of concepts, products and services;
- Ensure an accurate product cost based on standard labour and material cost;
- Calculate and maintain master price lists based on contractual stipulations and directions from sales& services.
- Regular meetings and communication with direct reports to coordinate work, address issues and conduct problem solving efforts (Purchase, Buyers, Teamleaders warehousing, total team size 25-40);
- Develop and train direct reports in collaboration with HR;
- Regular evaluation of skills and qualifications of direct reports.
Who are we looking for?
- You have at least a Bachelor's degree in Logistics or related field, equivalent by experience;
- You have at least 5 years of working experience in Supply Chain or Procurement in a leadership position;
- You are fluent in Dutch, French and English;
- ERP knowledge is required, SAP knowledge is an added value;
- Working knowledge of office (Excel advanced, Word, PowerPoint);
- You are accurate, analytical and serviceminded.
What can we offer you?
- A professional environment where quality and safety are of utmost importance.
- International working environment at the airport.
- A competitive salary including meal vouchers, eco-cheques, company car, end of year bonus, bonus plan, group insurance and pension scheme.