The Maintenance Supervisor reports to the Maintenance Manager. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising maintenance activities and has authority to assign work functions to Lead Technicians and others assigned to duty under their supervision.
- Coordinates with appropriate departments to accomplish prompt resolutions to problems that affect maintenance activity.
- Assigns Lead/Maintenance Technicians according to work package requirements or as advised by Maintenance Control.
- Ensures that maintenance activities are performed in accordance with work issued by Maintenance Planning and in compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Provides Maintenance Control with information on mechanical status of aircraft with emphasis on changes to estimated aircraft return to service time.
- Verifies Maintenance Technicians have received necessary training for assignment to job tasks.
- Ensures that all material and appropriate equipment is provided to complete assigned tasks.
- Ensures that all delay information is entered into the aircraft electronic record keeping system (M&E system) prior to end of shift.
- Ensures that the work turnover is completed prior to end of shift.
- Reviews all documentation and M&E system for completeness in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Take a significant role in the development of Crewmembers to support their engagement, growth, and goal achievement.
- Keeps a safe and clean work environment with emphasis on preventing Foreign Object Damage (FOD).
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma
- Valid Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
- Three (3) years’ work experience servicing commercial aircraft in a heavy or line maintenance environment
- One (1) year work experience as a JetBlue Technician or two (2) years aviation management experience
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and a driving record from the state of your primary residence that meets JetBlue Airways’ insurance standards
- Ability to communicate effectively; in both oral and written communication
- Ability to remain alert to moving vehicles and aircraft
- Able to crawl, bend, kneel, climb, and stoop frequently in confined spaces
- Able to drive tugs, trucks, taxi aircraft or other company equipment
- Depending on location, may need to acquire and maintain a United States Customs Clearance
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge
- Available for occasional overnight travel (10%)
- Pass a pre-employment drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
- Authorization to work in the US is required, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Preferred Experience And Qualifications
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite and the Internet
- Familiarity with accessing online Maintenance Manuals
- Effective communication skills with complete fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work under pressure in a team environment
- Strong leadership abilities
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short notice
- Able to maintain a professional appearance
- When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
- Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion, and Fun
- Promote JetBlue’s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue’s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy, and behavioral standards
- Identify safety and/or security concerns, issues, incidents, or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue’s confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report (SAR))
- Adhering to all applicable laws, regulations (FAA, OSHA, DOT (Department of Transportation), etc.) and Company policies, procedures, and risk controls
- Upholding JetBlue’s safety performance metric goals and understanding how they relate to their duties and responsibilities
- Computer and other office equipment
- Operates lift trucks, snorkel lift, boom lift and tractor
- Reflective safety vest, head bump cap, and ear protection
- Issued reflective safety vest and ear protection
- Ability to use handheld two-way radios, headsets and/or phone
- Obtain tools listed on the Minimum Tool List within thirty (30) days of employment
- Work outdoors on the aircraft ramp side and/or the hangar
- Bids for Paid Time Off (PTO) bi-annually
- Flexible schedule required
- Travel may be required
- Ability to work in elevated areas
- Position requires extremely strenuous physical work involving objects more than 100 pounds occasionally and/or more than 50 pounds frequently. Position requires crawling, bending, kneeling, climbing, and stooping frequently in confined spaces. (Very Heavy)