About the Role
Are you a proficient DevOps Engineer seeking your next challenge? We're on the lookout for a DevOps expert to join our High-Frequency Communications Program, dedicated to enhancing the operation, management, and maintenance of critical services for our servicemen and women in Australia!
In this role, you'll play a pivotal part in seamlessly integrating development and operations procedures. As a DevOps Engineer, you'll collaborate closely with software developers, system administrators, and other stakeholders to boost the efficiency, dependability, and scalability of our software systems.
Your responsibilities include collaborating with the software development team to incorporate DevOps principles and practices throughout the software development lifecycle. You'll also design and maintain robust CI/CD pipelines for streamlined and automated software releases, ensuring a seamless deployment process.
Furthermore, you'll actively engage in incident management, encompassing incident identification, triage, resolution, and post-incident analysis. Your goal will be to swiftly and effectively resolve incidents, minimising downtime and any adverse effects on users.
What will you bring?
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Proven experience as a DevOps Engineer, preferably within an integrated software development team.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and version control systems (e.g., Git).
- Proficiency in automation and scripting languages (e.g., Python, Bash, PowerShell).
- Familiarity with cloud platforms or On-Prem deployments and containerisation technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Australian Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an NV1 security clearance.
What we offer you
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We offer flexible working arrangements where possible to help employees find the right balance between work and home life;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day.
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,600 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy.
Some of the programs our team across Australia and New Zealand are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about Babcock visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain an NV1 Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. To comply with public health orders or our customer requirements, some roles within the business will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to gain access to sites. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant