Job Title: Manager, Proposal Management
Job Code: SAS20230509-105696
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO or Remote
The Lead, Proposal Manager manages large, complex proposals with strategic importance to the SI1 Division. Develops, plans and schedules proposals. Analyzes and interprets request for proposal (RFP) requirements and instructions. Compiles cost, schedule, and technical elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications. Researches and analyzes historical data, develops cost models to support proposal efforts. Coordinates activities and participates in fact-finding meetings. Participates in cost and pricing reviews with management and customer representatives. Participates as a member of the contract negotiating team
- Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of project management.
- Manages large, complex project initiatives of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction.
- Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes and approaches.
- Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products.
- Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results.
- Oversees the generation, quality and timeliness of proposal submittals and status reporting internally and externally.
- Work is guided by individual annual goals and objectives with minimal oversight or direction.
- Frequently responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees across the Company within area of expertise.
- Frequently responsible for managing large, complex project initiatives of strategic importance to the organization, involving large cross-functional teams.
- Work consists of making significant improvements of processes, systems, solutions, or products to enhance performance of job area.
- May develop new concepts or standards.
- Opportunities for problem solving and innovation are undefined, where information is difficult to obtain. Conducts extensive investigation to understand root cause of problems.
- Problems span a wide range of difficult and unique issues across the function and/or business area.
- Remains current on all program activities to ensure that proposals are accurate, achievable, and are consistent with the financial goals of the Division / Sector.
- Coordinates with Program leadership aligned to ECP and proposal activity to ensure buy-in and executability.
- Implements strategic goals established by leadership.
- Establishes operational plans for job area with short-term impact on results (e.g., less than 1 year).
- Provides input into new products, processes, standards and/or operational plans that will have measurable impact on the achievement of overall function or business results.
- Monitors program activities to ensure compliance with product specifications, performance requirements, schedules and cost commitments.
- Ability to develop broad, cooperative relationships with numerous groups and individuals across functions and teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 13 years of prior related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience leading a team
Preferred Additional Skills:
In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the salary range for this role is $82,500 - $153,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits, including health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.